Well, decided to start the Challenger before the big scale CF-18. Mostly has I have to buy some stuff for the Hornet, and I think I have everything I need for the Challenger.

rvwF8oX.jpg

Start with a little cutting of the resin to clean things up. Quite warped fuselage.

QH6KH2D.jpg

On 8/19/2017 at 5:51 PM, phantom said:

This was the hard part. Sanded and re-puttied 3 times.

ceGxagy.jpg

You can definitely see the mis-match at this stage.   Any chance, Shawn, of knocking off the cockpit section and trying a refit??

I know., it's your model and everything.....

Cheers, Tony

Nope, I added more putty, tried to smooth it out. In fact right now its drying as I tried AGAIN to smooth it out a little more. I think its my miss match and not the kit.

That is why you have not seen a new photo in a couple days.

Fact the kit almost hit the wall at toss speed. You think the nose miss match is bad. The repairs have taken a toll on the bottom too.

Sad thing, I often do not see the mistakes until I post a photo. The camera and flash show off the errors my eyes can't make out anymore.  Just went downstairs and added ANOTHER coat of putty!!! The nose under the windshield is a horrible fit.

Edited by phantom

Wow.....that miss match is something I'm going to have to deal with when I tackle mine. 

Till I get some courage I'll tackle the BPK kits first.

Take a breather bro...... 

Well, the new putty and sand and putty and sand a little more putty and sand seems to have made the sides much better. Nose is ok. So paint went on. Which showed better then before.

Off tomorrow , so we will see if I have time to do the decals.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, phantom said:

Nope, I added more putty, tried to smooth it out. In fact right now its drying as I tried AGAIN to smooth it out a little more. I think its my miss match and not the kit.

That is why you have not seen a new photo in a couple days.

Fact the kit almost hit the wall at toss speed. You think the nose miss match is bad. The repairs have taken a toll on the bottom too.

Sad thing, I often do not see the mistakes until I post a photo. The camera and flash show off the errors my eyes can't make out anymore.  Just went downstairs and added ANOTHER coat of putty!!! The nose under the windshield is a horrible fit.

Nothing like the camera to show how much you mess up and how much your eyes lie . Looking forward to your finish

Martin H