Minibase Su-33 1/48

On 2017年10月9日 at 7:06 AM, joeltc said:

Its not so much a matter of where but more so making the locator pins a lot more sturdy since I managed to snap all the ones off on my Kinetic kit before I started applying glue.

OK,They have been strengthened

• 4 weeks later...

Aviation Art is no longer in operation (by choice) and they have changed their company name......I have no idea who Ran (SuperTomcat21) is... Just to let you know.

If you need information on AA then let me know and I will answer what I can because I have permission from Terry and Danny of Aviation Art to act on their behalf.

Ran - who are you because no-one at AA knows you .... and since my forced absence through illness I dropped the ball (totally my fault I accept).
Seriously, my friends here on ARC have no idea who you are although you purport to have some knowledge about the previous AA come Kinetic Su-33. 
Knowing the CEO of Aviation Art as i do ( by the way he stayed at my house here in then UK ), he doesn't know you either so exactly ------>- who on earth are you and why are you trying to answer questions for Terry? He doesn't know you and you are unknown to us manufacturers.

Seriously, who are you because we don't know you. Please PM me to discuss further otherwise I will discuss with the new company taking over AA and they may choose to take this further with you.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models
5 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Aviation Art is no longer in operation (by choice) and they have changed their company name......I have no idea who Ran (SuperTomcat21) is... Just to let you know.

If you need information on AA then let me know and I will answer what I can because I have permission from Terry and Danny of Aviation Art to act on their behalf.

Ran - who are you because no-one at AA knows you .... and since my forced absence through illness I dropped the ball (totally my fault I accept).
Seriously, my friends here on ARC have no idea who you are although you purport to have some knowledge about the previous AA come Kinetic Su-33. 
Knowing the CEO of Aviation Art as i do ( by the way he stayed at my house here in then UK ), he doesn't know you either so exactly ------>- who on earth are you and why are you trying to answer questions for Terry? He doesn't know you and you are unknown to us manufacturers.

Seriously, who are you because we don't know you. Please PM me to discuss further otherwise I will discuss with the new company taking over AA and they may choose to take this further with you.

Martin...Martin...Martin...Are you sure what are you talking about?... I see here usurper of the project... 

Edited by DraganChe
6 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

I have no idea who Ran (SuperTomcat21) is...

I don't know Ran either but I'm pretty sure he is working for Terry's former partner, the guy that took the Su-33 tooling and sold it to Kinetic.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:12 AM, SuperTomcat21 said:

Fundamentally revised past a large number of mistakes,

Most of which our design team listed for modification of the original tolling after examining the test shots. But then the tooling was taken and sold to Kinetic leaving us high and dry.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:12 AM, SuperTomcat21 said:

All parts except missiles and launchers will not be compatible with old version     

Missiles and pylons courtesy of Zactomodels (as well as intakes, nosecone and a bunch of other input I had on the project). I shared my products with the design team to develop these in 1/48 with the understanding that I was a part of the company (and would receive compensation when we started selling product). That compensation was pocketed by by the guy that took the tooling. Now he's going to sell my stuff again...

4 hours ago, DraganChe said:

Martin...Martin...Martin...Are you sure what are you talking about?... I see here usurper of the project... 

I see you edited your post. Regarding your cooperation with them, I hope you got a rock-solid contract if you were promised payment. I made the mistake of cooperating on good faith.

46 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

Yes,I am with them on project.I dont bother about that if someone will try to manipulate with me...I am Serb...I wouldn't recomend anyone to mess with Serbs...what is man if he dont have value of words,not single paper means anything...especialy with former Balkan wariors....with or without contract. ;-) I hope you understand.There will not be place on this world where that man can hide...

Now back on the subject.That model kit is totaly new and it will be fantastic.Belive me.

Wow. How strange.

I am not a usurper, just asking questions to establish facts because no-one has ever heard of either of you.

Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

Missiles and pylons courtesy of Zactomodels (as well as intakes, nosecone and a bunch of other input I had on the project). I shared my products with the design team to develop these in 1/48 with the understanding that I was a part of the company (and would receive compensation when we started selling product). That compensation was pocketed by by the guy that took the tooling. Now he's going to sell my stuff again...

Sorry to hear that Chris. That is terrible. Has Terry contacted you about this?

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

I don't know Ran either but I'm pretty sure he is working for Terry's former partner, the guy that took the Su-33 tooling and sold it to Kinetic.

Most of which our design team listed for modification of the original tolling after examining the test shots. But then the tooling was taken and sold to Kinetic leaving us high and dry.

I see you edited your post. Regarding your cooperation with them, I hope you got a rock-solid contract if you were promised payment. I made the mistake of cooperating on good faith.

Chris

this is the first time that I heard with such promise by the team before. What I know is they paid you for some shape validation fees. The revenue per pcs income is not workable in this business as the return cycle and associates maintenance cost is too high to have any share. 

In normal case any tooling take at least 2 years to bring back cash investment and not to mention the dividend promised. 

Anyway Merry Xmas 

Raymond 

Edited by Raymond Chung

Dear friends,modelers,

It is not important who will get how much money from some project and it is out of subject...It is only important that we will have new Su-33 in 1/48 scale and that is only important that we welcome its qualities.I hate when our hobby go in side of materialism...And how much people you know who have designed all your previous kits and how much get money from it...why it is so important.Everything will be known after the project is finished.And instead that we apriciate that we are all in this new times involved in new projects we talk who got money from it...Where is passion for waiting new model kit...etc...

This new model and all people who are make it will be known after the model kit is in our hobby stores and on our work tables and in our shelfes.It will be exelent model kit.But wait and have patient.Nothing of those things can go overnight.

6 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

Dear friends,modelers,

It is not important who will get how much money from some project and it is out of subject...It is only important that we will have new Su-33 in 1/48 scale and that is only important that we welcome its qualities.I hate when our hobby go in side of materialism...And how much people you know who have designed all your previous kits and how much get money from it...why it is so important.Everything will be known after the project is finished.And instead that we apriciate that we are all in this new times involved in new projects we talk who got money from it...Where is passion for waiting new model kit...etc...

This new model and all people who are make it will be known after the model kit is in our hobby stores and on our work tables and in our shelfes.It will be exelent model kit.But wait and have patient.Nothing of those things can go overnight.

Try telling that to those who indeed have lost compensation from their expertise and design work (Zactoman). I think it is pretty fair to say his work was indeed copied by a certain manufacturer. It pains me to see talented individuals missing out on compensation after they trusted someone or another entity with terms of a contract (verbal or otherwise) that they would get something for it.

"I wouldn't recomend anyone to mess with Serbs...what is man if he dont have value of words,not single paper means anything...especialy with former Balkan wariors....with or without contract. ;-) I hope you understand.There will not be place on this world where that man can hide... "

What exactly is that supposed to mean?  You have been warned before about this Nationalist Drivel you wrote in another topic. It sounds to me like you "think" you can fly anywhere in the world and cause harm to someone.  Save your tough talk for your friends, we don't want to read it at ARC.

6 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Try telling that to those who indeed have lost compensation from their expertise and design work (Zactoman). I think it is pretty fair to say his work was indeed copied by a certain manufacturer. It pains me to see talented individuals missing out on compensation after they trusted someone or another entity with terms of a contract (verbal or otherwise) that they would get something for it.

"I wouldn't recomend anyone to mess with Serbs...what is man if he dont have value of words,not single paper means anything...especialy with former Balkan wariors....with or without contract. ;-) I hope you understand.There will not be place on this world where that man can hide... "

What exactly is that supposed to mean?  You have been warned before about this Nationalist Drivel you wrote in another topic. It sounds to me like you "think" you can fly anywhere in the world and cause harm to someone.  Save your tough talk for your friends, we don't want to read it at ARC.

WORD! 

9 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

There is not a single word of nationalism in my sentence. I am talking you people that , I don't need those capitalistic "thoughts" with my friends, and contracts that is need to be shown to all of you...Those words mean that people who work with me, are in 100% truth base. I am sorry that some of you have bad expiriences, but that is not my fault, and not of those people who are in project. I am protecting it , like everybody of you would do that. I don't have a single dollar or euro of project. I am tired of that overpowered materialism. Why are you Mr.Matt have found yourself in any of my sentences? I was talking who I am ,not mention any of you. Those are words of my passion for this project, and my wish to finish it, because it was so many many many attacks on it. 

3 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

There is not a single word of nationalism in my sentence. I am talking you people that , I don't need those capitalistic "thoughts" with my friends, and contracts that is need to be shown to all of you...Those words mean that people who work with me, are in 100% truth base. I am sorry that some of you have bad expiriences, but that is not my fault, and not of those people who are in project. I am protecting it , like everybody of you would do that. I don't have a single dollar or euro of project. I am tired of that overpowered materialism. Why are you Mr.Matt have found yourself in any of my sentences? I was talking who I am ,not mention any of you. Those are words of my passion for this project, and my wish to finish it, because it was so many many many attacks on it. 

Oh my...

1 minute ago, B.Sin said:

Oh my...

I belive, that it is hard to belive, that there are still modelers among us who are try to do something without material reword. All I wanted is to help and create great model kit and be a part of it... do you need something else...The biggest reword for me when some of my kids will build that model kit, and when they can read in instruction manual that their father or grandfather was part of creating it...Do you think that there is need to be some of contract for it???? Or better prize....???

Just now, DraganChe said:

I belive, that it is hard to belive, that there are still modelers among us who are try to do something without material reword. All I wanted is to help and create great model kit and be a part of it... do you need something else...The biggest reword for me when some of my kids will build that model kit, and when they can read in instruction manual that their father or grandfather was part of creating it...Do you think that there is need to be some of contract for it???? Or better prize....???

Why is it so hard to belive in that... why ????

5 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

Dragan, you specifically spoke about "Serbs" and not being able to hide from them. That is nationalism in and of itself. Forget the "Balkan Warrior" comment.

Capitalism is another topic. People have lost money on the project and had their product copied and stolen from them. That is a crime anywhere....I would think you could understand that. So, I'm done with your false bravado and inappropriate comments. Please let the world know when the work is on the shelves.

2 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Dragan, you specifically spoke about "Serbs" and not being able to hide from them. That is nationalism in and of itself. Forget the "Balkan Warrior" comment.

Capitalism is another topic. People have lost money on the project and had their product copied and stolen from them. That is a crime anywhere....I would think you could understand that. So, I'm done with your false bravado and inappropriate comments. Please let the world know when the work is on the shelves.

Those people didn't stole anything from those guys! Belive me! And you will have word about model kit...and how do you know what is false of my bravado...it is not nice to say Mr.Matt...And About Serbs...All i was talking about it that we are very very much tortured nation, i don't want anyone of you anything bad ... i am telling that if someone is doing something bad, he is doing it to himself...not to anyone else...

2 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Sorry to hear that Chris. That is terrible. Has Terry contacted you about this?

Terry is aware. Fortunately he is a good boss to work for at HazMAT Models.

2 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

What I know is they paid you for some shape validation fees.

I did receive some payment, mostly for the 129 hours that I crammed in a week and a half reworking an SLA model and documenting the changes made. 

2 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

In normal case any tooling take at least 2 years to bring back cash investment and not to mention the dividend promised.

I was promised a bunch of free kits when they became available that I was going to include Zactomodels accessories to be sold as limited edition packages. And my continued employment and payments for work on future projects would have filled that gap.

55 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Try telling that to those who indeed have lost compensation from their expertise and design work (Zactoman).

Don't forget time invested, there was a lot.
In addition, it wasn't just me. There were also several ARC members that helped by contributing references, expertise and time. They were going to receive credit in the instruction sheet for their contributions as well as some kits when they were released. Thanks Berkut, Flankerman, Eastern and the rest. Sorry you weren't rewarded...

1 hour ago, DraganChe said:

It is not important who will get how much money from some project and it is out of subject...It is only important that we will have new Su-33 in 1/48 scale and that is only important that we welcome its qualities.I hate when our hobby go in side of materialism...

If that's the case then you should give the kits away for free to all modelers who are interested.

20 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

Those people didn't stole anything from those guys! Belive me!

Time was invested with the promise of payment. The Chinese design team lost their jobs.

I'm just amazed that a company/individual can do this. Take the tooling from a previous company and sell them then take the existing CAD model, slightly modify it and sell it as their own product. In all my years of working for various companies in the U.S. I've never seen anything like this. There would be cease and desist orders, lawsuits and compensation for losses. In other words nobody here would even try to get away with it...

Well, what's done is done and it doesn't look like there's any changing it. Just wondering what they will develop next not having a finished CAD with the majority of the research already done.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

:cheers:

3 hours ago, DraganChe said:

I dont bother about that if someone will try to manipulate with me...I am Serb...I wouldn't recomend anyone to mess with Serbs...what is man if he dont have value of words,not single paper means anything...especialy with former Balkan wariors....with or without contract. ;-) I hope you understand.There will not be place on this world where that man can hide...

Are you familiar with the expression "dude, stop digging the hole..." ?  If not, re-read replies to your post(s).

14 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

I'm just amazed that a company/individual can do this. Take the tooling from a previous company and sell them then take the existing CAD model, slightly modify it and sell it as their own product. In all my years of working for various companies in the U.S. I've never seen anything like this. There would be cease and desist orders, lawsuits and compensation for losses. In other words nobody here would even try to get away with it...

In a pre-CAD world I believe you just described the Zhengdefu business model...

:stooges:

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48