Minibase Su-33 1/48

8 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

WOW, I cannot remember when I have been so thoroughly confused after reading forum postings. What I can say with certainty is that I don't think this is the place to air all this dirty laundry. I personally don't know who did what to whom, but there appear to be some VERY hard feelings over this and there is NO way it will ever be resolved through forum postings. 

In many ways this reminds me strongly of the controversy surrounding Buff Master, Super Bug et al. So I can assure you all that I will steering WELL clear of any model kit(s) that may arise from this abortion of a project. I also must reiterate that I don't believe this is the appropriate place for all these recriminations. And absolutely NOT the place for Nationalistic jingoisms of any ilk.

Rick

Word.

2 hours ago, madmanrick said:

I also must reiterate that I don't believe this is the appropriate place for all these recriminations.

It's not that simple. Some forums members may have subject knowledge and/or know-how that may be useful in kit design. Sometimes they end up contributing to projects.

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

It's not that simple. Some forums members may have subject knowledge and/or know-how that may be useful in kit design. Sometimes they end up contributing to projects.

And please pray tell, what does someones' knowledge or know-how have to do with all the back and forth about who stole what or who didn't pay agreed upon fees etc., etc.? The fact is this has NO place here, as there is no way that these issues are going to be resolved here. 

I am sympathetic to those members of our community that may have had their intellectual property stolen, mis-appropriated or otherwise hi-jacked, but the fact is that it is clear that there are forums for that sort of thing and it usually involves a judge, court or some other legal entity. This type of "forum" will never result in any agreement between the parties and it only is salacious "gossip" here. Again, I want to reiterate, I am not taking sides as I do not know all the facts of this matter. My opinion is simply that all this mud-slinging will only serve to bring all relevant parties down to a common level, which I don't think is a positive outcome for any involved.

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

I am sympathetic to those members of our community that may have had their intellectual property stolen, mis-appropriated or otherwise hi-jacked, but the fact is that it is clear that there are forums for that sort of thing and it usually involves a judge, court or some other legal entity. This type of "forum" will never result in any agreement between the parties and it only is salacious "gossip" here.

The unfortunate reality is that the small guy usually doesn't have the money or the means to legally challenge when they have been wronged, especially when it involves overseas dealings.

I may never the whole truth behind what went down, but I do know that I (and others) was wronged and felt the need to share it with my fellow modelers.

9 hours ago, TXCajun said:

I'm just trying to dig around to figure out if the new tool OV-10 will ever materialize. 

I will be receiving test shots soon and resurrecting the Bronco thread when I get them.

:cheers:

2 hours ago, Zactoman said:

The unfortunate reality is that the small guy usually doesn't have the money or the means to legally challenge when they have been wronged, especially when it involves overseas dealings.

I may never the whole truth behind what went down, but I do know that I (and others) was wronged and felt the need to share it with my fellow modelers.

I understand what your intent is and believe me, if I were in your shoes, I would be plenty pissed too. However, when it comes to these flame wars, usually everybody comes away looking "bad," fair or not. It is sad that there are people in this world that can't do what you and others can, so they think it a viable alternative to just take what never was or never will be theirs.

But, I am a firm believer that the cream always rises and that someone with your talents, will come out on top in the end. I can assure you that if you produce anything in my chosen scale (48th), I will support you 100% (I am waiting the Bronco with bated breath btw). Just as I have the other cottage industries, that produce wonderful products.

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, madmanrick said:

I understand what your intent is and believe me, if I were in your shoes, I would be plenty pissed too. However, when it comes to these flame wars, usually everybody comes away looking "bad," fair or not. It is sad that there are people in this world that can't do what you and others can, so they think it a viable alternative to just take what never was or never will be theirs.

But, I am a firm believer that the cream always rises and that someone with your talents, will come out on top in the end. I can assure you that if you produce anything in my chosen scale (48th), I will support you 100% (I am waiting the Bronco with bated breath btw). Just as I have the other cottage industries, that produce wonderful products.

WORD!

31 minutes ago, nicholassagan said:

It became the Kinetic kit.

Er no. V1.0 was released by Kinetic but AFAIK the company who's supposed to release V2.0 is still unknown and there have been no updates for several months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they will soon officially announce and show pictures but just a teaser; The completed Su-33 v2.0 looks absolutely stunning. Never seen anything like it.

15 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Hopefully they will soon officially announce and show pictures but just a teaser; The completed Su-33 v2.0 looks absolutely stunning. Never seen anything like it.

Berkut, so you've seen  test shots of the new version of the Su-33?

There are no testshots yet. I have seen the final CAD, which is as i said absolutely stunning.

Also, this is meant as a headsup that the project is progressing and that for fans of Soviet/Russian aviation, this is quite the release to look forward to.

Edited by Berkut
6 minutes ago, Berkut said:

There are no testshots yet. I have seen the final CAD, which is as i said absolutely stunning.

Also, this is meant as a headsup that the project is progressing and that for fans of Soviet/Russian aviation, this is quite the release to look forward to.

I see. Well, thank you Berkut.Yes, I am looking forward to this kit! I hope it's a big success so that they will bring us more kits of Soviet/ Russian aircraft.

16 hours ago, Berkut said:

High school was the last time someone teased me this hard. Sadly, it wasn't worth it then. I can only hope this one will be different. Luckily, I'm much olde,r and patient, now, than I was back then. 165+ kits in the stash definitely help on that end.

21 hours ago, stalal said:

How different is it going to be from Kinetic Su-33?  That kit is spectacular.

Aviation Art kit was/is good, but unpolished. There was a number of design and accuracy errors that weren't addressed for various reasons. Both of the most significant (along with other smaller ones) accuracy issues in the AA kit is fixed in "v2.0".

20 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Berkut,

Sorry to bother you again, do you know when they plan to start the tooling process?

Brad

I do, but i dont feel comfortable sharing that information. Stay tuned, hopefully something official will drop soon enough. 🙂

Wow, this is very good news! I've got the Kinetic kit published, and had put it on hold because I took it that the V2.0 project was kaput

What I suffered the most about the V1.0 project was the lack of a round profile on the sides of the forward fuselage area - and the cockpit floor is so shallow the seat looks ridiculous on it.

Publication resumed once again... :naughty: 

21 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Wow, this is very good news! I've got the Kinetic kit published, and had put it on hold because I took it that the V2.0 project was kaput

What I suffered the most about the V1.0 project was the lack of a round profile on the sides of the forward fuselage area - and the cockpit floor is so shallow the seat looks ridiculous on it. 

Publication resumed once again... :naughty: 

Both of these issues are fixed indeed.

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48