Minibase Su-33 1/48

On 11/16/2018 at 1:27 AM, Nino_Belov said:

As a soldier I have morale on very high level... thank you for asking.

As of news, of model kit,I am just a connection betwean producer and you, and I don't know why people think that i make model kit. I don't make it, my part about it is modification of model kit, and SVP-24-33.

Last words from Mr.Liang abouth month ago is that they are cutting metal for tools, and that is it.

All the best,

Please keep us informed,  thank you. 

• 1 month later...

I've finished recently a book published 18 years ago: Shunsaku Tamiya's "Master Modeler: creating the Tamiya style". It's a very nice read but there's a story that I found particularly interesting.

In the Sixties in Japan, plastic kit producers did not do the toolings themselves (it wasn't standard practice), they subcontracted the work to mold makers. There were few of them willing to make toolings to inject plastic kits (it was long job requiring very experienced personel) so the ones who did had a big backlog. Once the kit producer paid the first third of the order, often the nightmare started: delivery date and budget slipped. Shunsaku brought some tool makers to restaurants/bars to get them drunk and force them to deliver what they've been paid to deliver. Tamiya worked initially with eight mold makers but then the figure dropped to three. Then starting in 1964 Tamiya stopped outsourcing mold making and made the molds in-house.

I have a strong feeling that what happened in Japan in the Sixties is happening right now in China. The Su-33 could be stuck in the tooling phase.

Forget Hobby Boo-Boo; their Flanker kits are a joke compared to the Kitty Hawk and Great Wall Hobby ones (i.e., the shape of the LERX, the whole forward fuselage - plus spine, IRST and main landing gear wells).

The Kinetic kit was disappointing in only the forward fuselage shape and shallow cockpit.

I really wish Mr. Liang would learn that I sold my Kinetic kit in favour of his promised revised V2.0 kit. Looks like I've been had.

Real mad right now; AMK, now Aviation Art selling us a bunch of silly LIES!

Damn it I'm mad, AGAIN!

14 minutes ago, Nino_Belov said:

I have sold my Kinetic also...what to say...if this guy lied me he lied you all also, but there is one more step of tolerance that i have, let's wait and see if he will cross it...

Why would anybody lie about this sort of thing?

12 hours ago, Mstor said:

I think that about sums it up nicely.

I hope Hobbyboss  doesn't screw up the MV-22 they're coming out with. I'm sure everybody here feels the same way. LOL 

Edited by B.Sin
1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Forget Hobby Boo-Boo; their Flanker kits are a joke compared to the Kitty Hawk and Great Wall Hobby ones (i.e., the shape of the LERX, the whole forward fuselage - plus spine, IRST and main landing gear wells).

The Kinetic kit was disappointing in only the forward fuselage shape and shallow cockpit.

I really wish Mr. Liang would learn that I sold my Kinetic kit in favour of his promised revised V2.0 kit. Looks like I've been had.

Damn it I'm mad, AGAIN!

Maybe you should pick up a Kinetic one again. They are going for a very good price on LuckyModel right now (if you were in the USA I would suggest Zactoman's sale). The Aviation Art one may or may not ever show. Who knows? The Kinetic one is still a decent kit and builds up to a respectable Su-33 with a little work. Perhaps its time to hedge your bets.

22 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Maybe you should pick up a Kinetic one again (if you were in the USA I would suggest Zactoman's sale). The Kinetic one is still a decent kit and builds up to a respectable Su-33 with a little work. Perhaps its time to hedge your bets.

Mark! :wave:

Howdy, my good mate?

Yes, I'm going the Zactoman route. I regret having sold my Kinetic kit now. I know it's a pretty decent kit, and this should really teach me a very good lesson regarding the empty promises one reads on modelling forums. From now on I'll wait until a kit is out on the market, well reviewed and built before taking any decisions. I'm a moron for having followed. Well, not any more.

Thanks a lot for your words, bruh.

Cheers,

Onigiri

3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Damn it I'm mad, AGAIN!

Hello Doppelgänger
    Due to recent busy work,I haven't browsed the ARC forum for a long time. I am sorry about this.
    In my opinion, if your motivation to make a model is to pursue its accuracy. Abandoning a kits far below the standard will not cause any loss.
At least on the way to waiting, You will not be lonely. In the past, I lost more than 10,000 times more than you on this project. The Frustration did not make me feel depressed, We spend a few years, Rebuild all projects. There is no doubt that it currently meets the original design requirements. Thanks again to the friends who provided reference on the ARC forum. I don't think he will let the friends who are pursuing the correctness of the model feel disappointed.
    In the past 2018,Because some designs exceed the processing capacity of the current factory. We need to make some compromise modifications to some overly extreme designs. Used to ensure stable quality during mass production. The number of newly designed parts is significantly higher than the original design, resulting in more modification time. At the same time it is also a process of exploring learning. This is the main reason for delay in listing. We are actively working with the factory to improve. It is expected that the product will be able to meet with us this year.
   Always support our friends who care about us can rest assured. The project has now largely ruled out most of the production barriers and Progressing well. It obviously deserves patience.
   At last,We have not charged anyone the order amount. I only said that we will try to achieve things as soon as possible. I can't understand who I sold to a bunch of silly lies?

Best Regards

Ran

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Mark! :wave:

Howdy, my good mate?

Yes, I'm going the Zactoman route. I regret having sold my Kinetic kit now. I know it's a pretty decent kit, and this should really teach me a very good lesson regarding the empty promises one reads on modelling forums. From now on I'll wait until a kit is out on the market, well reviewed and built before taking any decisions. I'm a moron for having followed. Well, not any more.

Thanks a lot for your words, bruh.

Cheers,

Onigiri

Hey there, Zactoman's got the cheapest one right now. I realize, I don't really know where you hale from. Thought you were outside the US, so I figured LuckyModels' shipping would be cheaper. Either way, its still a good deal and if the Aviation Art one shows up, well you're not out too much money.

It's hard to know what to do when companies promise new and improved versions. I'm of the wait and see mind. Tan Model is supposed to come out with a new Buccaneer, but I'll hold onto my Airfix one (and its ton of aftermarket stuff) until the new one is released and reviewed. Look at the mess Hobby Boss made of their Sea Vixen. I'm glad I held onto my Airfix one there too.

So, don't feel bad, s**t happens. :thumbsup:

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48