Minibase Su-33 1/48

16 hours ago, DIO said:

What makes think that he has to do so?

This quote down here, perhaps?

15 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

I love Su-33 very much, and that is the reason why I came in the project.

See, DIO, if I were the baker in a pastry shop and you came to me saying that you fancy a winged doughnut to be offered aboard an airline, I don't think you'd be much content with me telling you that, "Yes, I see no reason for you to think I'm not able to deliver your doughnut; I guess I'm not lying with respect of my delivering the doughnut to you. I think you'll get your doughnut..." "Please, potential customer, don't go away; come back. COME BAAACK...!" :rofl:

Incidentally; DIO, have you pre-ordered the AMK Tomcat?

15 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

viber-image.jpg

Isn't that the indent on the left landing gear well circled in red on the Kinetic kit, which is exposed inside the intake trunk when the variable ramp is all the way up?

Cheers,

Onigiri

Edited by Doppelgänger
A "customer" ain't the same as a "costumer" - dyslexia
8 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

See, DIO, if I were the baker in a pastry shop and you came to me saying that you fancy a winged doughnut to be offered aboard an airline, I don't think you'd be much content with me telling you that, "Yes, I see no reason for you to think I'm not able to deliver your doughnut; I guess I'm not lying with respect of my delivering the doughnut to you. I think you'll get your doughnut..." "Please, potential customer, don't go away; come back. COME BAAACK...!" :rofl:

I would accept that, and then take my decision whether I would wait or not. I compare it with my own business: I do feel I have to explain to the best of my capabilities anything that has to do with released software products, but I have absolutely no obligation to provide details on my roadmap, regardless of what the marketing department is doing / promising.... That's how business works...

8 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Incidentally; DIO, have you pre-ordered the AMK Tomcat?

No I did not, as they did not give an option to buy using PayPal. I do not buy anything unless being able to pay using PayPal. Lessons learned. Regardless, I never pay upfront anyways...

Edited by DIO
On 24 January 2019 at 10:13 PM, Nino_Belov said:

...Did you noticed also a problem with canopy... Here take a look, it is stand against GHW Su-35S 1/48...

1290844783-Unbenannt-2-png-a690da34febe8

All the best...

So, either the Kinetic hood is slightly rolled to the left in the pic or was pulled from the mould too soon, resulting in different L & R curling of the omega?  Is this a QC issue or just a bad photo? 

How does this compare with the KH Su-35?

And isn't there supposed to be another Su-33 coming from China — Hobby Boss, with the skew whiff MLG wheel bays? Is that kooky arrangement being fixed or is it recurring throughout the HB Flanker series?

Really got the Kinetic Su-33 as a place holder pending the 1/32 Tan Model Sea Flanker, but decided it's good for multiple scales so have the Zvezda 1/72 one too. (And feel the same way about the Su-57, which is needed in styrene in all three double-digit scales).

Cheers

Tony 

2 hours ago, tony.t said:

So, either the Kinetic hood is slightly rolled to the left in the pic or was pulled from the mould too soon, resulting in different L & R curling of the omega?  Is this a QC issue or just a bad photo? 

Silly me; I hadn't noticed that mould line running down the centre, closer to the left canopy sill on the Kinetic example... :hmmm:

Clever Tony!

Cheers,

Onigiri 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:30 PM, tony.t said:

How does this compare with the KH Su-35?

Been way too busy to rely latey...  the photo is taken by me,  so yes, the Kinetic hood is slightly angled to the camera, you can trust me that there is absolutely no QC issue, I took the photo quickly just to show the width difference, in fact I'm very supprised that no one has done it before, all those who have GWH's Su-35 have sold their kinetic kit???

BTW an other takeaway from the photo is that, the inside of the Kinetic hoods is omega shaped too, so thickness is same everywhere = less distortion,  GWH missed the trick and has a U shaped inside, with omega shaped outside it results in different thickness of the hood = distortions + flow lines in the clear part. 😞

I don't have KH's Su-35, but from the photos I've checked,  it's narrower than GWH too. Here is one posted by Solo in March in the GWH's thread(note the different outlines of the base of the canopy/edge of the cockpit ) :

3EsVBm6.jpg

But KH's shape is the worst,  because the main hood goes slightly narrower again at the front/the widest place is in it's middle, the real thing should be the widest at the front,  like GWH's hood and AA's to a lesser extent. IMO GWH is just a tiny bit too wide(mainly in the middle),  I hope AA would check and correct it in the V2.0, among the others things Nino pointed out. But I guess the width of the canopy is going to take some measurements to get right.

Edited by delide
1 hour ago, delide said:

all those who have GWH's Su-35 have sold their kinetic kit???

No, just me... :rolleyes: I actually never had the GWH Su-35 kit, but I did sell my Kinetic Su-33 kit after someone very much involved in the development of the Aviation Art Su-33 V2.0 kit told me bt PM that the moulds were ready to start injection run tests... *coughs*bullshit!*coughs* 

Never mind, I've purchased the Kinetic Su-33 kit again, fixing the issues on it and totally forgot about the Aviation Art V2.0 scam.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

12 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

No, just me... :rolleyes: I actually never had the GWH Su-35 kit, but I did sell my Kinetic Su-33 kit after someone very much involved in the development of the Aviation Art Su-33 V2.0 kit told me bt PM that the moulds were ready to start injection run tests... *coughs*bullshit!*coughs* 

Never mind, I've purchased the Kinetic Su-33 kit again, fixing the issues on it and totally forgot about the Aviation Art V2.0 scam.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

Yes, never sell your kit until you have an other in the hand, got to have the Doppelgänger first 🙂  

Luckily the newer/in house produced Kinetic Su-33 is indeed nicer,  way less sink marks that affected lots of details, so I guess it's still worth it.

8 minutes ago, delide said:

Yes, never sell your kit until you have an other in the hand, got to have the Doppelgänger first 🙂  

:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

Someone should make a meme with this phrase with the picture of Jester rebuking Maverick in the looker room for having left his wingman during last flight... :rofl:

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Nino_Belov said:

Hello gang,

I am trying to contact Mr.Ran and Mr.Liang from AA...are they alive???Can someone find them,they dont answering mail...anything!!!Does somebody heard a word of them????I helped them for research of this project and we have reached point near end,but they are not answering me for more than three months...Have anybody have heard any news of them???

Maybe they went the way of HasMat molded's.  Mind you, I certainly hope not!

On 1/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mstor said:

Onigiri, I hope you don't mind me chiming in here but... 

Ran, all that is well and fine, but how were we to know this if you don't communicate with us? It doesn't take a lot of time or energy. Just a message every now and then stating that you are working through difficulties experienced in the mold production and for us to please hang in there. Doesn't even need to be on more than one forum, as we tend to communicate and be involved with multiple forums and the news spreads fast.

Many modelers on this and other forums tend to be very passionate about this hobby. We become emotionally involved. In this age of expanding modeling technologies our expectations are becoming higher and higher. We are often impatient. We are ever looking for the newest and best model kits. When one is announced and promised, well we want to see it, soon. But we can't read the model producer's minds. If they promise something and then stop communicating, we tend to think the worse. Communication is the key.

Mark

Hi Mstor:
     I understand that model builders care about whether the newly designed models meet their expectations. But everyone has their own different opinions and demands. In fact, Not everyone knows the real aircraft and design engineering and is suitable to participate. When the design team receives too many comments, They will probably get lost in endless modifications. We will never see the final product appear on the shelf. Therefore, the product design should have a dead line. The desktop design phase has been completed before. Now entering the mold production docking stage. Therefore, some problems that need to be solved now, such as too sharp parts, too weak, demolding angle, and mold line direction, Injection pressure distribution,Shrinkage of plastics.,are beyond the scope of this forum. 
    I explained it on the previous floor, The new design is already in line with our original concept. I am very satisfied with this. Also thanks to Alex,Berkut,Dragan,Ken & Poncho for their comments and suggestions.. It is obviously the result of the joint efforts of everyone. But in order to pursue accuracy, the current number of parts has more than doubled compared to the original design. Although a large number of sliding dies are used,But the total number of parts still reaches more than 700 under reasonable splits. This shows that we still need to find more ways to optimize the combination. Reduce cumulative tolerance and assembly difficulty as much as possible,Assembly drawings are clear and easy to understand,Accurate decal...More. So can't come to the forum from time to time. 
    The work is not without progress. If all the rest of the work goes well, I guess we will see the test shot in a few months. In addition, since everyone wants to know more, I will share some CAD pictures with everyone later. Hope it will impress man.

Have a nice day

Ran

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48