Minibase Su-33 1/48

Ok, I viewed pictures of these sprues and what I think that this project is just exactly te same as Kinetic's one, but much more imrpoved. I can say this will be Kinetic's Su-33 2.0, just a copy+. The same parts, the same shapes, just identical, plus many more details. Kinetic 2.0, nothing more. I do believe this is not just new project, this is Kinetic's improvement.

Actually, there are two schemes that have been used on the Su-33s. There is an early scheme with slightly different colors. What you see in most pics is the newer scheme which is what is currently in use. Here's a photo showing Su-33s in both schemes. The old scheme is on the closer planes and in the background are planes in the newer scheme, and no, its not just color fading, though the planes in the old scheme did become very beat up before they were repainted. AKAN makes sets for both the new and the old scheme.

9-0102R2

As far as buying the new kit, I probably won't. I am trying to finish up the Kinetic one I am currently working on and have too many other kits to build. Another Su-33 is not on my radar. From what I've seen of the Aviation Art kit so far, I wish it had been released before I started the Kinetic one, but them's the breaks.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, Nino_Belov said:

Well I can not tell not to buy model kit from any producer.This is totaly new mold,new model kit.Kinetic have its own,this is something new,like new 109...how many 109s you have from deferent producers? I can not tell anyone not to buy something. Every man have his own will to buy or not to buy anything.You chose my friend.

As of paint schemes,well this one will have what is apropriate for this model,I dont know what will be in box.We need to wait just a little bit more.She is practicly here,and Mr.Liang will show us everything.Just a little bit more patience.

I think I'll just wait for this one since it is the "improved" version and like you mentioned this is a total new mold and a new kit, why settle for less.

Edited by flybywire
  • Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48