Minibase Su-33 1/48

2 minutes ago, ching kuo said:

1h40 in the morning in my country , I sent you everything  shot found on Facebook, there I have a very beautiful dream subject to start my night, good dreams to all .

Thank you Mr.Kuo! Sleep well!💤

2 hours ago, ching kuo said:

Is this the recommended assembly process, i.e. attaching the intake housings to the lower fuselage before gluing the fuselage halves together?

3 hours ago, ching kuo said:

This is SO much better than the Kinetic main landing gear assembly which is a real pain in the a%* to get installed after the intake housings are mounted to the lower fuselage.

Edited by Mstor
2 hours ago, madcop said:

So that you can ask silly question !  🥵

Or I can try to understand why manufacturers who put all sorts of care into getting details correct, neglect adding a detail that is present in all cases: a seatbelt?

3 hours ago, Vaildog said:

Or I can try to understand why manufacturers who put all sorts of care into getting details correct, neglect adding a detail that is present in all cases: a seatbelt?

The pilot's harness is not an integral part of the seat.
The harness is made of tissue, and buckles.
It is not something fixed and must be able to conform to the physique of the pilot. A harness can be adjusted. It's alive, unlike what you find in a cockpit.

It is something very difficult to render, in a lively manner in injected plastic, due to the delicacy and the number and types of the components. This is why, when we want to reach this level of rendering, we are forced to switch to a material other than plastic, such as for example resin, fabric and photoetched or any other malleable material.

I suppose that with the level of detail brought in with this new model, the producer will add some PE parts.  😉

The videos certainly make it looks like they reverse engineer the whole thing... so great job!

The Kinetic kit indeed doesn't have seatbelts, but anyway, if manufacturers put all sorts of care into getting details correct, we shall neglect that and instead wonder about the possibily missing seatbelt? I guess it's because it cost 5$ extra to buy a PE set from Eduard or something?? Wouldn't it be great, if Kitty Hawk is doing a Su-33 too, it will finally include the seltbelt, as PE or maybe even a resin seat, as for the rest of the detail... good luck for getting them correct for 1$ then!

Edited by delide
  • Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48