Minibase Su-33 1/48

Just to give a short update; I have had the first version of the sprues for several months now and even in the early version they look amazing (bare a number of small production issues). Honestly one of the most detailed kits ever. The next version of the sprues will be done soon and axillary stuff (instruction, decals, PE etc) is being worked on too.

This one is well worth waiting for.

Edited by Berkut
13 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Just to give a short update; I have had the first version of the sprues for several months now and even in the early version they look amazing (bare a number of small production issues). Honestly one of the most detailed kits ever. The next version of the sprues will be done soon and axillary stuff (instruction, decals, PE etc) is being worked on too.

This one is well worth waiting for.

When you say "sprues will be done soon", please define 'soon' since this word was used back in 2017 to describe when this kit will be released.
Also, thanks for the update!

50 minutes ago, psimon said:

When you say "sprues will be done soon", please define 'soon' since this word was used back in 2017 to describe when this kit will be released.
Also, thanks for the update!

I don't want to be too specific for a number of reasons, but very soon. 🙂 Of course how long it will take til the kit is out considering everything (and not just the sprues themselves) is anyones guess, but the work is continuing steadily.

Edited by Berkut
3 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I don't want to be too specific for a number of reasons, but very soon. 🙂 Of course how long it will take til the kit is out considering everything (and not just the sprues themselves) is anyones guess, but the work is continuing steadily.

Fair enough. 😊  
Are you able to show us any new spru images that you have on-hand while we are waiting?

15 hours ago, psimon said:

Fair enough. 😊  
Are you able to show us any new spru images that you have on-hand while we are waiting?

Sorry, i cannot, so you would just trust my word and previous CAD's. Either way, it is better to wait for the updated sprues anyway at this point. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Sorry, i cannot, so you would just trust my word and previous CAD's. Either way, it is better to wait for the updated sprues anyway at this point. 🙂

Their are video's of the sprues  further back on this thread.

1 minute ago, B.Sin said:

Their are video's of the sprues  further back on this thread.

Yes, and those. But i cannot post sprue shots myself, and as said, better off waiting for the updated parts.

12 hours ago, Berkut said:

Yes, and those. But i cannot post sprue shots myself, and as said, better off waiting for the updated parts.

From what I seen so far, no doubt in my mind it will be worth the wait!

• 2 months later...

There are an awful lot of sink marks on many of the parts. I would think they will need to correct that before release. Same problem the early Kinetic Su-33 kits had (which has now been corrected from what I hear).

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

There are an awful lot of sink marks on many of the parts. I would think they will need to correct that before release. Same problem the early Kinetic Su-33 kits had (which has now been corrected from what I hear).

Kinetic DID correct the tools to avoid the sink marks. Actually Kinetic replaced the original kit with those awful sinks for a brand new one free of charge after contact.

From what I see this new kit so to say "inherited" some of the tooling problems while many of the details were corrected. But the tooling . . .

Best regards

Gabor

12 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Kinetic DID correct the tools to avoid the sink marks. Actually Kinetic replaced the original kit with those awful sinks for a brand new one free of charge after contact.

From what I see this new kit so to say "inherited" some of the tooling problems while many of the details were corrected. But the tooling . . .

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks for that info. Damn good of Kinetic. I wish I had waited before starting my Kinetic Su-33 (old molds). By the time the new one came out, I was about 80% done and have no desire to do another.

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48