Minibase Su-33 1/48

I have done some research about Su-33 in campaign in Syria and here is what i have found, I hope that it can be easy solved for updating your model kit, it still is not to late, it can make your sales much more when you put those upgrades for Syrian campaign.Personaly I would like to have model kit of Su-33 from that period of exploatation.

So here we go!

First three pictures show upgraded airframes with SVP-24-33

Cxa_Yp_Sy_XUAQxt_CH.jpg

C5nd_Px7_WQAAphz_D_1.jpg

0_aaf26_60d28fa2_orig.jpg

Next three pictures show old airframes without upgrades.

Su_33_Cockpit.jpg

f_c2_Nhb_GVtb2_Rlb_HMucn_Uva_W1h_Z2_Vz_L

Cxa_Yp_TQUQAAs_Hsj.jpg

Please make those updates it is nothing for you but for us modelers it will be very,very much!

I hope that I have helped you with that. I have found out also some serial numbers with updated airframes, here is some of them:

cn_Vzc2lhbn_Bs_YW5lcy5u_ZXQva_W1h_Z2_Vz_

799080_1d8231c4a482885a301fe154d0bdb034.

211377.jpg

197975.jpg

197829.jpg

197253.jpg

All the best,

Dragan.

Edited by DraganChe

And yeah, almost to forget. It would be also nice if you put this details inside air intakes, it is very visible :-)

3450290_original.jpg

DSC07826.jpg

DSC07939.jpg

Since we will already, I am 100% percent shure, will have THE BEST 1/48 scale model kit ever, without any reserve, please update also that details.

All the best,

Dragan.

On 25.8.2017. at 8:38 AM, SuperTomcat21 said:

Dear Alex

Thank you for your comments, in this area we have to modify the design of the time has indeed encountered trouble, because according to the current known AL-31 data diameter of 1280mm, in accordance with the 1/48 scale after the reduction of the post. 26.67mm. Can you share the data source of 1220mm (25.4mm) in diameter here?
AL-31 Engine model data for sale:
hobby boss 81711 25.3mm
zvezda 7279 16.8MM(as 1/48 25.2mm)
hasegawa 01565 16.5mm (as 1/48 24.75mm)
kinetic k48062 24.7mm (old design was 24.6mm)

Best regards
Ran

Dear Ran,

Did you fix your model to 25,4 mm,engine nacels and also joint betwean nacels and exhaust, that space is 25,4mm, because it is very very important??? I have done measuring also on real aircraft!  With all updates that you have and will put on your model kit, please tell us did you modified that also? I repeat it is very very important.

All the best,

Dragan.

Edited by DraganChe

Dear Ran,

There is also BIG mistake in Kinetic model kit which is most needed to be corrected. On compresor fan in air intake, blades of the fan are in wrong position, they should be both in same directions, because left and right engine are the same. Here is the pictures:

Here on picture is whole explenation:

Untitled.png

All the best,

Dragan.

Edited by DraganChe
On 2017年8月21日 at 4:49 PM, Berkut said:

Hmm, i would need to check to be sure, but several things in the CAD above looks like an early version of the original (V1.0 if you will) of the AA Su-33 CAD's. There are several bugs seen that were later fixed...

Hi Berkut

we are glad you are participating in discussion of this project. We would like to hear from you more help us to improve the design.

best regards

On 2017年8月22日 at 6:41 AM, dylan said:

since it is still in the planning stage, is it possible to design a better way of attaching wings in the folded position? the kinetic system did not work very well.

Hello dylan:

Unfortunately it is the best way we can do now. However, we have already made improvements on the original design. Should you have any other suggestion, please let us know.

Thank you so much.

On 2017年8月31日 at 8:34 AM, dehowie said:

Who is going to buy this kit?

Any SU-33 lovers already have the very nice Kinetic kit plus weapon sets sitting on shelves.

Im sorry but im not buying a kit with a corrected NACA 2051B aerofoil section for the fin.

Im sure the dedicated will but exactly how many kit sales is that guarranteeing plus Kinetics has a two year head start and is already in collections or been started.

Financial suicide to invest in a kit with zero distribution, that corrects panel lines and aerofoil sections as lovely as it will be.

My SU-33 money is spent and so is 90% of the rest of the communities.

Good luck but this model shark is out...

Hello dehowie
   Unlike marriage, favorite of modelling is not a one and only one choose. In fact, many modellers are willing to collect several boxes of their favorite.
Due to difference design concept and market positioning, Every product will features its own advantages and disadvantages. A single model kit is not possible to satisfy all enthusiast.
We respect your opinion regarding this matter. However, we don't believe the market is too full to accept a new maker.
We would like to hear more suggestions. Do our best to perfect the design make it agreeable to more enthusiast.Improvement in progress is not only on the wing, actually it is a 100% completely new reengineering.
Our product maybe imperfect anyway, and the market prospect is not clear. Nevertheless, we are well-prepared to face. It is hoped that you will change your mind when you see the final product.

Thank you

On 2017年8月31日 at 7:04 PM, shion said:

New modelers (younger) have less budget, the kinetic model is already expensive, I really doubt an another Su-33, by an another company, a new one, will be less.

Hi Shion

I understand this will be a difficult start. Anyway we will do best to make our product outstanding and believe that it will be accepted by customers finally.

Thanks

On 2017年9月3日 at 8:11 PM, DraganChe said:

And yeah, almost to forget. It would be also nice if you put this details inside air intakes, it is very visible :-)

3450290_original.jpg

DSC07826.jpg

DSC07939.jpg

Since we will already, I am 100% percent shure, will have THE BEST 1/48 scale model kit ever, without any reserve, please update also that details.

All the best,

Dragan.

Dragan

to add auxiliary exhaust holes on the inside of air intakes with the current design.  the air intake must be divided into 2-3 parts. The overall design that destroys the intake is not worth it, as it is a very important to the whole model. Maybe decals can express these details.

Ran

1 hour ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

Dragan

to add auxiliary exhaust holes on the inside of air intakes with the current design.  the air intake must be divided into 2-3 parts. The overall design that destroys the intake is not worth it, as it is a very important to the whole model. Maybe decals can express these details.

Ran

Yes,decals! :-) ...Ok we have solved it :-)

Next question is:

Did you solved those very needed improvements for engine nacels and exhausts that need to be in diameter 25,4mm in their joint.So very owne nacels need to be bigger and exhaust?Fusulage is in question in that section!

D.

Edited by DraganChe

New update for corrections :-)

Novo_2.png

Also most important thing that can not be alowed to be forget is my question from previous post...sorry for repeating but without this updated wider engine nacels and exhaust all project can go down to water...I will quote myself

"Did you solved those very needed improvements for engine nacels and exhausts that need to be in diameter 25,4mm in their joint?So very owne nacels need to be bigger and exhaust?Fusulage is in question in that section!!!"

All the best,

D.

Edited by DraganChe

Since I am currently working on the Kinetic kit I have another suggestion. The locating pins inside of the fuselage halves are way to small and weak. I managed to glue the halves together but nothing on the inside and especially at the front lined up. And in the process most of the locating pins snapped off. So badly that when I glued the nose cone on It left steps around most of the join line. Even though I did some careful trimming and bracing of the upper fuselage I still managed to get an unsightly step. If you could create some beefier locating taps that wound be great. Now I have one of those god awful filling/sanding and scribing marathons that end up going on for weeks on end. This may have been a mistake on my part but some much sturdier tooling may have prevented this much like how the Tamiya F-14 was tooled. Thanks.

Joel

18 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

How about a nose cone that can be displayed open with the full radar.

No. How about accuracy issues are fixed (like shallow cockpit tub and spine shape from direct front) and things in terms of ease of building before we tack on useless details.

SuperTomcat21;

On 8/31/2017 at 2:47 PM, Berkut said:

SuperTomcat21; Could you post a CAD view from the direct front?

Edited by Berkut
3 minutes ago, Berkut said:

No. How about accuracy issues are fixed (like shallow cockpit tub and spine shape from direct front) and things in terms of ease of building before we tack on useless details.

SuperTomcat21;

What is wrong with spine??? And how much is shallow cockpit????

On ‎2017‎年‎8‎月‎31‎日 at 8:47 PM, Berkut said:

SuperTomcat21; Could you post a CAD view from the direct front?

Dear Berkut

Here are zhe direct front CAD view for you.:cheers:

Original designs

78f2bd8bgy1fjj3gwly6dj22tv187wk3.jpg

v2.0 CAD

78f2bd8bgy1fjj3gvnmhzj22ub1asdmv.jpg

Thank you ~

Ran

Edited by SuperTomcat21
On ‎2017‎年‎9‎月‎10‎日 at 3:25 PM, DraganChe said:

Novo_2.png

Also most important thing that can not be alowed to be forget is my question from previous post...sorry for repeating but without this updated wider engine nacels and exhaust all project can go down to water...I will quote myself

"Did you solved those very needed improvements for engine nacels and exhausts that need to be in diameter 25,4mm in their joint?So very owne nacels need to be bigger and exhaust?Fusulage is in question in that section!!!"

All the best,

D.

Dear  Dragan

Since some of the accidents resulted in the tools being produced without testing, the blades in the engine vents of the kinetic tool were indeed missing, although there was this detail at design time.
Of course, the new design will be better, but some of the details that cannot be implemented may not be reflected in the final product.
Original designs
78f2bd8bgy1fjj3griw5fj22u71g6n82.jpg
new
78f2bd8bgy1fjj3guskidj22uf1f1k46.jpg
Ran

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I need to do some comparison to references but on first look it does indeed look much better, great job. How about the cockpit tub? Has that been modified? In the original AA/Kinetic kit the issue was that the front landing gear bay left little space left for the cockpit tub, so it was very shallow. This also created slightly odd K-36 IIRC. Have you managed to find a way to improve that situation on "v2.0" design?

Roughly how much more time is there left for the improvement to the design etc SuperTomcat21? (ie before any metal is cut) Just trying to figure out how much time i have to look over the CAD's and suggest improvements etc.

9 hours ago, Berkut said:

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I need to do some comparison to references but on first look it does indeed look much better, great job. How about the cockpit tub? Has that been modified? In the original AA/Kinetic kit the issue was that the front landing gear bay left little space left for the cockpit tub, so it was very shallow. This also created slightly odd K-36 IIRC. Have you managed to find a way to improve that situation on "v2.0" design?

Roughly how much more time is there left for the improvement to the design etc SuperTomcat21? (ie before any metal is cut) Just trying to figure out how much time i have to look over the CAD's and suggest improvements etc.

thank you very much

The original desigin was very badly, and whole cockpit was wrong.But we fix it at completed redesigin. :thumbsup:

It is expected that the remaining time will be less then two weeks.:jaw-dropping:

The following is a comparison of old and new CAD, in addition the front landing gear bay  is similar to the cockpit.

78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nwcid8j22j317sjxj.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nvhwuoj216q0m20vj.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nu53n1j22u31fwalc.jpg

Edited by SuperTomcat21
On ‎2017‎年‎9‎月‎10‎日 at 3:25 PM, DraganChe said:

Novo_2.png

All the best,

D.

Sincere thanks for Alex and Dragan, Now the diameter is 25.4mm, REALLY very appropriate, the  following is the amendment of  before and now contrasting.:cheers:

78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nsuz7rj21ia1cxjv6.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nuuf3pj20s30kuq3z.jpg

Edited by SuperTomcat21
  • Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48