Minibase Su-33 1/48

On 2017年9月11日 at 8:59 AM, joeltc said:

Since I am currently working on the Kinetic kit I have another suggestion. The locating pins inside of the fuselage halves are way to small and weak. I managed to glue the halves together but nothing on the inside and especially at the front lined up. And in the process most of the locating pins snapped off. So badly that when I glued the nose cone on It left steps around most of the join line. Even though I did some careful trimming and bracing of the upper fuselage I still managed to get an unsightly step. If you could create some beefier locating taps that wound be great. Now I have one of those god awful filling/sanding and scribing marathons that end up going on for weeks on end. This may have been a mistake on my part but some much sturdier tooling may have prevented this much like how the Tamiya F-14 was tooled. Thanks.

Joel

Hello Joel

The fuselage locating pin has been strengthened.
If necessary, Can you indicate where to add the locating pin?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:38 PM, SuperTomcat21 said:

Hello Joel

The fuselage locating pin has been strengthened.
If necessary, Can you indicate where to add the locating pin?

Thanks

Its not so much a matter of where but more so making the locator pins a lot more sturdy since I managed to snap all the ones off on my Kinetic kit before I started applying glue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wondering on internet and reading about news in our beautiful hobby. I have seen this:

Source:  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025650-148-sukhoi-su-33-flanker-d-by-aviation-art-3d-renders/

And also a post of this member of that forum:

" Currently, I'm collecting signatures and organising rallies in Hong Kong, China, Deutschland and Russia in order so that Aviation Art agree to sell those new modified parts separately to the modellers who purchased the Kinetic kit. The response is massive! Stay tuned for the particulars. "

This post was posted by member "Uncle Uncool".

All I can say about that is next:

We are waiting probably the best model kit of aircraft in 1/48 scale ever! And the reason of that kind of speaking for realisation a petition that Aviation Art agree to sell those new modified parts separately to the modellers who purchased the Kinetic kit is complete foolishness, because...Aviation Art Su-33 doesn't have any relation with previously buyed model kits under label of Kinetic. When you have buyed model kit of Kinetic, you didn't buyed model kit of Aviation Art. So, the question is: Why would someone owe something to someone if those two individuals didn't even have any of connections and money transfers. Why to sign the petition which is even total nonsense, Aviation art's is totally new model kit, under their label, and totally new parts, without any connection with Kinetic. Maybe someone is trying to get new model kit for free...I don't know...But all I want to say that this is the greatest nonsense that I have ever seen in my entire life. Those acts of desperate people that already have incorrect model kit is only things that make chaos and confusion in this greatest and best hobby for us in the world. Chaos make chaos...People let's just wait new model kit...how many 109's are on the market, all are similar...and no one ever asked other producers to send them parts of other, other producer for his model kit...We get new model kits all the time..let's make good welcoming for this one also...

All the best,

Dragan.

Edited by DraganChe

The "V2.0" will be a quite different design from the original AA/Kinetic kit. "Modified" parts and for sale and "rallies" is nonsense - it will be an own kit and it is currently undergoing design and adjustment. But lets just say that the weak points of the original AA/Kinetic kit has been addressed nicely.

And that is not even addressing the "character" that Uncle Uncool is...

6 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

That my friend is an understatement.

What a about that guy who make all our intelligence in stage of understatement, with that kind of petition, that for sure has no one ever signed...We need all to stand in defence when good things are attacked like that awaiting Su-33 from AA. If we let those guys to do all what they want.. what is the point of our hobby,forums...and public opinion.

Edited by DraganChe

He's trying to claim that more than 140,000 - one hundred and forty thousand people have signed a petition to get an almost completely unknown model manufacturer to release a conversion set for a subject with limited interest, from an esoteric model manufacturer.  AA has never released... anything.  Nobody knows what their products will be like.  And most modellers have met the announcement of the Su-33 by wishing they'd done a more mainstream Flanker instead.  Kinetic *might* have sold a couple of thousand kits, but probably not much more.

Just to underscore how moronic this is, AMK, who seem to be the darling of the modelling world at the moment, failed to get 5000 modellers interested in one of the most popular subjects in modern aviation, after spreading the word across social media and with more than a year of built up hype.  And yet apparently 28x more people want a special update set for their Kinetic Su-33, based on one post on a random discussion board.  Riiiiiiiiiiight.

But hey, at least he's stopped pretending to talk like a pirate, so, small steps. 

Edited by MoFo
3 hours ago, MoFo said:

But hey, at least he's stopped pretending to talk like a pirate, so, small steps. 

Great post !

What about that moronistic pirate way of talking ? How could it so suddently disappear ? Did he get some sort of "branlée" from the mods ?

3 hours ago, MoFo said:

He's trying to claim that more than 140,000 - one hundred and forty thousand people have signed a petition to get an almost completely unknown model manufacturer to release a conversion set for a subject with limited interest, from an esoteric model manufacturer.  AA has never released... anything.  Nobody knows what their products will be like.  And most modellers have met the announcement of the Su-33 by wishing they'd done a more mainstream Flanker instead.  Kinetic *might* have sold a couple of thousand kits, but probably not much more.

Just to underscore how moronic this is, AMK, who seem to be the darling of the modelling world at the moment, failed to get 5000 modellers interested in one of the most popular subjects in modern aviation, after spreading the word across social media and with more than a year of built up hype.  And yet apparently 28x more people want a special update set for their Kinetic Su-33, based on one post on a random discussion board.  Riiiiiiiiiiight.

I'm sure it was all done as a hoax..joke..whatever you want to call it. Uncle Uncool was banned from ARC some time ago. I have to admit though, his attention to whatever dialect of English he was communicating was pretty good. It was almost as though his persona developed into character with each post. "General Melchie" is the same way on Britmodeller, albeit sounding more refined and "gentleman like".

I can not understand what people like U.U. is up to...we are all here because of our hobby ...to enjoy...to share expiriences, to escape from cruelty of outworld,..etc...how sad is that when you are baned from comunity where are all your interest group of people to talk?...It makes me think that individual mantion above have some sirious mental problems!

38 minutes ago, DraganChe said:

I can not understand what people like U.U. is up to...we are all here because of our hobby ...to enjoy...to share expiriences, to escape from cruelty of outworld,..etc...how sad is that when you are baned from comunity where are all your interest group of people to talk?...It makes me think that individual mantion above have some sirious mental problems!

WORD.

Where is SuperTomcat21?

I would love to know more about the Su-33 kit. Is it going to be released soon or next year? 

I am a happy owner of two Kinetic Su-33 kits and I am ready to buy one from Aviation Art.

Juan

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎年‎11‎月‎7‎日 at 9:46 AM, solher1 said:

Where is SuperTomcat21?

I would love to know more about the Su-33 kit. Is it going to be released soon or next year? 

I am a happy owner of two Kinetic Su-33 kits and I am ready to buy one from Aviation Art.

Juan

Hi Juan

Please forgive me for having to answer in bad English.
    Thank you for your attention and support.  The new kit has been redesigned for all parts,Completed the design revision with the help of ARC's friends, It basically reflects the original intention of design. Although we can not measure the real aircraft,But the new design still basically reproduces the correct contours and characteristics  of the Su-33 production type. Fundamentally revised past a large number of mistakes,All parts except missiles and launchers will not be compatible with old version,In addition we will add a Russian Navy pilot inside the kit(made of resin).
    Now we are final debugging,Due to lack of design experience, hoping to get more suggestions for improvement. The final product will meet with friends in 2018. More relevant information will be released later.

best regards

Ran

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48