ARC Discussion Forums

Petarvu

Aviation Art Su-33 1/48

maybe a seated pilot with full harness will be included, who knows ?

11 minutes ago, flybywire said:

This is pure insanity! This is a space-age  rendition!

Yup! 🙂

3 hours ago, Vaildog said:

Or I can try to understand why manufacturers who put all sorts of care into getting details correct, neglect adding a detail that is present in all cases: a seatbelt?

The pilot's harness is not an integral part of the seat.
The harness is made of tissue, and buckles.
It is not something fixed and must be able to conform to the physique of the pilot. A harness can be adjusted. It's alive, unlike what you find in a cockpit.

It is something very difficult to render, in a lively manner in injected plastic, due to the delicacy and the number and types of the components. This is why, when we want to reach this level of rendering, we are forced to switch to a material other than plastic, such as for example resin, fabric and photoetched or any other malleable material.

I suppose that with the level of detail brought in with this new model, the producer will add some PE parts.  😉

Posted (edited)

The videos certainly make it looks like they reverse engineer the whole thing... so great job!

The Kinetic kit indeed doesn't have seatbelts, but anyway, if manufacturers put all sorts of care into getting details correct, we shall neglect that and instead wonder about the possibily missing seatbelt? I guess it's because it cost 5$ extra to buy a PE set from Eduard or something?? Wouldn't it be great, if Kitty Hawk is doing a Su-33 too, it will finally include the seltbelt, as PE or maybe even a resin seat, as for the rest of the detail... good luck for getting them correct for 1$ then!

Edited by delide

This does look amazing, I must say. Not my subject, but from a manufacturing point of view - amazing.

J

I thought Kinetic 1/48 Su-33 was really good. Compared to that one, what is fixed here? Apart from more/better detail.?  

1 hour ago, Gun_Metal said:

I thought Kinetic 1/48 Su-33 was really good. Compared to that one, what is fixed here? Apart from more/better detail.?  

This is new mold,new model kit.

5 hours ago, Gun_Metal said:

Single piece engine nacelles for a start. The back piece on the Kinetic one is moulded into the lower fuselage part. So you have to glue the intakes onto it, where you end up having to sand a step between the two. I had to waste a lot of time getting this area flush, plus re scribing all the lost detail in that area. Also parts like the vertical stabilators on this kit are split in two halves. Where on the Kinetic one they're cast as one solid piece resulting in deep sink marks that needed to be filled, sanded and re scribed. I imagine theres a lot of other areas that are an improvement too but I can't comment since its not even out yet. I really wish this was what the Kinetic kit was because Ive almost finished mine. And it looks like this one will be so much more of a pleasant building experience. Might I also add that they should take their time getting the instructions to be clear and understandable. The Kinetic instructions are by far the worse I've ever encountered.

12 hours ago, joeltc said:

. The Kinetic instructions are by far the worse I've ever encountered.

Try building a Dagon PZ IVE if you want to see horrendous instructions.. Kinetics instructions are stellar by comparison..and they updated them which you can download the new versions.

Updated version is still full of mistakes and omissions... but better than what came in the box.  

3 minutes ago, BaconRaygun said:

Updated version is still full of mistakes and omissions... but better than what came in the box.  

Like what?

Half of the PE that comes with the kit is not mentioned anywhere.   The ejection-handle is left out of the instructions for the seat (thankfully, you get two seats in the kit).  The instructions appear to tell you to install the ejection-seatback upside-down (or this could just be me, because the images were vague enough that it could just be the image). The instructions for mounting the rudder-pedals are vague and missing a critical bit of information.  The instructions for assembling the flaps are beyond vague, and if followed, will result in a really poor representation... unless you build it flaps up. 

The under-nacelle pylons are flat out missing and not mentioned anywhere. 

I haven't gotten to the landing gear, doors, spoiler, or weapons yet, but I did read the instructions fully about 5 times.  I'm fully expecting to find more errors and omissions once I get to all of those bits. 

The canopy fit is really funny... because the forward part fits absolutely perfectly, and the rear portion... doesn't really fit, and will only look good open.  

Edited by BaconRaygun

33 minutes ago, Nino_Belov said:

Who payed ypu for this?

Er he's talking about the Kinetic kit and its instructions right ?

Edited by Laurent

Yes, the Kinetic kit that I'm 2/3 of the way through at the moment. I thought that was obvious, lol.  

I'll be getting this kit too, whenever it comes out. 

54 minutes ago, BaconRaygun said:

Half of the PE that comes with the kit is not mentioned anywhere.   The ejection-handle is left out of the instructions for the seat (thankfully, you get two seats in the kit).  The instructions appear to tell you to install the ejection-seatback upside-down (or this could just be me, because the images were vague enough that it could just be the image). The instructions for mounting the rudder-pedals are vague and missing a critical bit of information.  The instructions for assembling the flaps are beyond vague, and if followed, will result in a really poor representation... unless you build it flaps up. 

I haven't gotten to the landing gear, doors, spoiler, or weapons yet, but I did read the instructions fully about 5 times.  I'm fully expecting to find more errors and omissions once I get to all of those bits. 

The canopy fit is really funny... because the forward part fits absolutely perfectly, and the rear portion... doesn't really fit, and will only look good open.  

Sorry,  I thought you were talking about the new Su-33 kit.

Patiently waiting for Mr. Pin to post more pictures on his Facebook page.

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Er he's talking about the Kinetic kit and its instructions right ?

Wowww,sorry my bad.I was in a hurry...

3 hours ago, BaconRaygun said:

Yes, the Kinetic kit that I'm 2/3 of the way through at the moment. I thought that was obvious, lol.  

I'll be getting this kit too, whenever it comes out. 

Sorry bro 

10 hours ago, dehowie said:

Try building a Dagon PZ IVE if you want to see horrendous instructions.. Kinetics instructions are stellar by comparison..and they updated them which you can download the new versions.

8 hours ago, BaconRaygun said:

Thankfully I discovered the online instructions too. But I was still about halfway guessing my way through building it. http://www.kineticmodel.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64&search=48062