Minibase Su-33 1/48

On 8/19/2017 at 5:06 PM, B.Sin said:

who is the successor to the Aviation Art brand?

Just to clarify, it is not being released by HazMAT Models (the design team that developed the original Su-33 kit) so it must be the money partner that paid for the tooling, took the tooling and sold it to Kinetic.

I wonder how Kinetic feels about this? :hmmm:

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

Just to clarify, it is not being released by HazMAT Models (the design team that developed the original Su-33 kit) so it must be the money partner that paid for the tooling, took the tooling and sold it to Kinetic.

Would it be a wild guess that Trumpeter/Hobbyboss could be the buyer of the improved version of the this Su-33 since they are coming with a new Su-33 too?

Juan

Edited by solher1
36 minutes ago, solher1 said:

Would it be a wild guess that Trumpeter/Hobbyboss could be the buyer of the improved version of the this Su-33 since they are coming with a new Su-33 too?

Juan

Since when does Trumpeter/ Hobby boss, care this much about accuracy?

Just saying.

47 minutes ago, solher1 said:

Juan

Your guess is as good as mine. Though I'd think the new Aviation Art would have to be a partner/sister company to Kinetic else risk copyright fallout. Even then, Kinetic is still stuck with a product that was a work-in-progress and Aviation Art will have the finished product. Which would you buy?

2 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Hi Chris,

What do you want to know from me ? 

17 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Though I'd think the new Aviation Art would have to be a partner/sister company to Kinetic else risk copyright fallout. Even then, Kinetic is still stuck with a product that was a work-in-progress and Aviation Art will have the finished product. Which would you buy?

Chris, 

IMHO, the people will buy the product produced in shelf first. There is no "perfect" product in the world. Always has room for improvement. Right ? Even not AA, some other companies can still produce Su-33, Su-66..... 

BTW, Kinetic has no connection to AA (Partners/Sister) company. The tooling ownership transfer just a normal business deal.

Edited by Raymond Chung
4 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Dear Chris

The original design was not formally listed because of the personal reasons for previous project supervision (Has resigned), here were resulting in a large number of unacceptable and can not be corrected bugs and that is not the design and mold owner's intention.
Best regards

Ran
Anymore share CAD for all friends 
78f2bd8bgy1fizhnz09faj22s71g0gvv.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fizhnxwswgj22ef1ftwpk.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fizhnwl1hij22rw1ewgw3.jpg
Edited by SuperTomcat21

Who is going to buy this kit?

Any SU-33 lovers already have the very nice Kinetic kit plus weapon sets sitting on shelves.

Im sorry but im not buying a kit with a corrected NACA 2051B aerofoil section for the fin. 

Im sure the dedicated will but exactly how many kit sales is that guarranteeing plus Kinetics has a two year head start and is already in collections or been started.

Financial suicide to invest in a kit with zero distribution, that corrects panel lines and aerofoil sections as lovely as it will be.

My SU-33 money is spent and so is 90% of the rest of the communities.

Good luck but this model shark is out...

31 minutes ago, dehowie said:

Any SU-33 lovers already have the very nice Kinetic kit plus weapon sets sitting on shelves.

Im sorry but im not buying a kit with a corrected NACA 2051B aerofoil section for the fin. 

Im sure the dedicated will but exactly how many kit sales is that guarranteeing plus Kinetics has a two year head start and is already in collections or been started.

Financial suicide to invest in a kit with zero distribution, that corrects panel lines and aerofoil sections as lovely as it will be.

I will buy this kit! Never bought the Kinetic kit. 

50 minutes ago, dehowie said:

I agree that Kinetic Su-33 made the market for a new kit much smaller but still it is not nothing. First, there are new modelers (younger or new to hobby) coming and current modelers priorities can change too. I bet everyone has a to do list and Su-33 can be on the list but not high enough so that they may not have bought yet. Then Kinetic Su-33 has minor problems like bad instructions, not enough missiles for a full load aircraft and no a2g weapons. A Chinese version can be included in the box with few additional parts and decals. If the price is comparable I will certainly consider this kit since I am in market for a second Su-33/J-15 :) More is merrier for the consumer. 

From my perspective, the two main things that put me off the kinetic kit were the missing weapons, or at least pylons under the intakes, which I really feel should be included. I also understand the wings are tricky to pose folded; I am concerned about the weight/stress on the fold join.That and justifying the price of the kit to my domestic boss.

Edited by dryguy
9 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I agree that Kinetic Su-33 made the market for a new kit much smaller but still it is not nothing. First, there are new modelers (younger or new to hobby) coming and current modelers priorities can change too. I bet everyone has a to do list and Su-33 can be on the list but not high enough so that they may not have bought yet. Then Kinetic Su-33 has minor problems like bad instructions, not enough missiles for a full load aircraft and no a2g weapons. A Chinese version can be included in the box with few additional parts and decals. If the price is comparable I will certainly consider this kit since I am in market for a second Su-33/J-15 :) More is merrier for the consumer. 

New modelers (younger) have less budget, the kinetic model is already expensive, I really doubt an another Su-33, by an another company, a new one, will be less.

8 hours ago, dryguy said:

From my perspective, the two main things that put me off the kinetic kit were the missing weapons, or at least pylons under the intakes, which I really feel should be included. I also understand the wings are tricky to pose folded; I am concerned about the weight/stress on the fold join.That and justifying the price of the kit to my domestic boss.

Dont be. The joint is like a zipper, so much surface glue goes into... it is very much safe. You can almost hold whole model from the tip of the wing. 

8 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

but we didn't have any information about svp-24-33.:crying:

It is crucial to investigate does every aicraft in Syrian campaign have upgraded SVP-24-33 maybe it was instaled on just few of them and the rest of them were used as a pure blood fighters...with old cockpit etc...

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48