Minibase Su-33 1/48

5 minutes ago, Nino_Belov said:

According to this video:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=244813413149970&id=100028639388861&source=43&refid=56

It seems that they have solved this problem...But there is need to be very patient in watching this short video,and pause it when it cames to that point of view.But this is just my thoughts...anyone else... 🤔

I ran the video paused using the slider to move through it and could not see deep enough into the intake to determine if the changed the bulge. You can see the bulge from the outside and it looks about as big as that on the Kinetic kit. There just isn't enough light to see that area on the inside. I will say that the bulge, however large it is on the inside, certainly doesn't jump out at you in the video, you can't see it all, as I mentioned. Whether that is because it is much smaller now I just can't tell.

36 minutes ago, PouK9 said:

Another Su-33, when we don't have a good model of MiG-23 (for example)? Okay, but I'll skip it.

This is true! Since Zvezda has opened their line of modern Russian fighters and helicopters in 1:48, they are a likely candidate (among others) for replacing the Trumpeter kits. 

28 minutes ago, falcon91352 said:

This is true! Since Zvezda has opened their line of modern Russian fighters and helicopters in 1:48, they are a likely candidate (among others) for replacing the Trumpeter kits. 

It would be nice to see!!!

Cool, but a subject that doesn’t do much for me. I built the Kinetic kit, thought it was nice enough, but with only one scheme to choose from probably not going to buy another. Too bad it’s not a Su-25, I would have loaded up on them

One of the main problem with the Kinetic kit was that the cockpit bathtub was too shallow  due to the representation of the front landing gear housing.. Have we got any information whether this ( these ) problem(s) has or have been solved with this new model ? 

Thanks.

Did they show the decals yet?

I really liked the GWH approach with individual tiny decals for all the instruments in the cockpit. However frustrating that was, the end result is worth it and something that can't be replicated by hand with a brush (though, I guess some gifted people can get close enough). It would be nice if more companie would provide these rather than having to resort to expensive pre-painted PE parts.

I didn't build my Kinetic kit yet, so I could still upgrade to this one price-permitting.

Edited by ijozic
19 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

Khm..khm...Where is that whiskey..?

Nino, do you think it's prudent to not buy the Kinetic series and just wait for this version? 

And any idea of the schemes/decals that will be included in this release? But i don't think Su-33 has too many schemes to choose from huh.

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48