Minibase Su-33 1/48

I am sure that the model is perfect but I also think that there must have some small problems on the drawing of the assembly instructions or the packging which is not finished.

Notice that the KH's assembly instructions commits so many mistake but the sale date is respected. For their first model, I things the product could be perfect in every point.

Edited by salomon
3 hours ago, salomon said:

I am sure that the model is perfect but I also think that there must have some small problems on the drawing of the assembly instructions or the packging which is not finished.

Yes. This has been the main hold up.

Wow. It seems super overengineered, but in a good way. From the quick look over it, I would have preferred separate instrument decals (like GWH did on their MiG-29 kit) and perhaps a PE glare shield for the cockpit with a plastic alternative, but it's impressive.

Hope it sells well enough so we might get to see more of such insanity.

I'm surprised that the cockpit is so different between it and the Kinetic, though.

48th+scale+Sukhoi+Su-33+Flanker-D+from+M

The weapon options page seems obviously wrong regarding the placement of IR guided Alamo variants, though:

Edited by ijozic
1 hour ago, ijozic said:

Wow. It seems super overengineered, but in a good way. From the quick look over it, I would have preferred separate instrument decals (like GWH did on their MiG-29 kit) and perhaps a PE glare shield for the cockpit with a plastic alternative, but it's impressive.

Hope it sells well enough so we might get to see more of such insanity.

I'm surprised that the cockpit is so different between it and the Kinetic, though.

The weapon options page seems obviously wrong regarding the placement of IR guided Alamo variants, though:

Seemed that the Kinetic cockpit was too shallow ....

1 hour ago, madcop said:

Seemed that the Kinetic cockpit was too shallow ....

It seems both model designers saw two different cockpits. The details are so different, I m now wondering which one is accurate? 

53 minutes ago, Solo said:

And much, much more detailed then Minibase one.

Blashpemy! 🙂

Keep in mind that's not a fully finished cockpit presented there for comparison. There's plenty more instruction shots in the given link and they seem to indicate that Minibase cockpit is noticeably more detailed than the Kinetic one, except for that rear panel around the ejection seat rails.

Edited by ijozic
1 hour ago, ijozic said:

Blashpemy! 🙂

Keep in mind that's not a fully finished cockpit presented there for comparison. There's plenty more instruction shots in the given link and they seem to indicate that Minibase cockpit is noticeably more detailed than the Kinetic one, except for that rear panel around the ejection seat rails.

I second that and the Themodellingnews' pictures shows the impressive detail over the aircraft model, I am waiting for the reception of my model, I wonder what will be their next kit.

I think the SU-33 has a different cockpit variant and just look the details of the model, I have no doubt that this cockpit is right.

"Kinetic's" (original developer was Aviation Art) cockpit was notoriously shallow. This was due front landing gear bay and was one of the things, among with other bugs, that just couldn't be fixed in time in development.

Minibase kit is an improvement in all directions IMHO. It is certainly not a kit for a beginner, but not because of the fit or anything like that, but just the sheer amount of detail.

It depends on what you are looking for, if we want to have a well detailed model in every corner of the plane without going to buy accessories then the price does not seem so expensive to me. No need to upgrade the cockpit ($ 15). the wheels ($ 10), the engines ($ 25), the landing gears ($ 25), various details that we usually have with EDUARDS ($ 20), the decal looks good to me too ($ 15). And I'm not going to count the armaments. We come to a total of $ 110 without the kit.

So fine I'm happy with it.