Minibase Su-33 1/48

3 hours ago, stalal said:

Its quite expensive for a 1/48 after including the shipping. But then its a very detailed kit and a lot of thought has gone into designing and packaging the kit. 

The price seems to be between Kitty Hawk and GWH Flanker kits, as far as I can see on the linked HobbyEasypage. Given the level of detail which seemingly rivals GWH, sounds quite fair, IMHO.

Edited by ijozic
3 hours ago, ijozic said:

The price seems to be between Kitty Hawk and GWH Flanker kits, as far as I can see on the linked HobbyEasypage. Given the level of detail which seemingly rivals GWH, sounds quite fair, IMHO.

It seems fair. I agree. Looking at the Modelling News preview build, I m not convinced about the photo etch seat. I will swap it with the 3d printed seats or one from Aires. Photo etch can capture the seat cushion and belt details like resin can. 

4 hours ago, ijozic said:

I agree too. If this level of quality can be expected in their subsequent releases, then I have no problems paying relatively more for it. Let them be rewarded for producing a quality product.

I have just paid for it on Hobbyeasy and the price with shipment fee (~82 euro) is just a little bit less then GWH Su-35 just after release in the same shop. So I think that kit will be rather expensive, close to the most expensive kits in that scale.

34 minutes ago, Solo said:

I have just paid for it on Hobbyeasy and the price with shipment fee (~82 euro) is just a little bit less then GWH Su-35 just after release in the same shop. So I think that kit will be rather expensive, close to the most expensive kits in that scale.

What about the current price of the GWH Su-27UB?

BTW, do you usually get charged customs fees on top of that?

Edited by ijozic
3 minutes ago, ijozic said:

What about the GWH Su-27UB? BTW, do you usually get charged customs fees on top of that?

Rather not. In my country custom fees for such small packets is just a lottery, sometime you pay something sometime not, usually I have paid nothing so I hope there will be the same this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got my kit today. Wow! Wow!

I have to say this is the most amazing kit I have ever owned. The details are simply amazing.

If you like the subject, buy one, two or three. You won't be disappointed.

My opinion is just based on the details, I can't tell about the fit because I haven't built it yet, but I believe it is worth what I paid for it.  You don't really need any aftermarket at all, not even decals.

Overall is a 10/10 kit.

Thanks,

Juan

Edited by solher1
26 minutes ago, solher1 said:

Hi,

I got my kit today. Wow! Wow!

I have to say this is the most amazing kit I have ever own.  The details are simply amazing.

If you like the subject, buy one, two or three. You won't be disappointed.

My opinion is just based on the details, I can't tell about the fit because I haven't built it yet, but I believe it is worth what you pay for it.  You don't really need any aftermarket at all, not even decals.

Overall is a 10/10 kit.

Thanks,

Juan

Hi Juan,

Will it be possible for you to get pictures of the sprues?

Thanks,

Eric

2 hours ago, salomon said:

Can't wait to receive mine, and I don't think there are and miskate on the R-27, do you mean the two circle parts? I saw those on some picture reference on net.

Yes, there are three on the bottom side of R-27s and two on the bottom side R-73s, but the ones on R-73s are located on the flat protrusion so they're very easy to clean up. 

Having said that, the missiles seem to be even better detailed than GWH MiG-29 missiles and they're well aligned so I don't see the diagonal mold split on the missiles (unlike on the GWH ones, at least on my MiG-29 kit).

Edited by ijozic

Having almost finished the Kinetic kit I'm wondering if I should have paid better attention to this thread and waited for the Minibase version.  Already from the test sprues in the link above it appears like it would be much easier to assemble than the Kinetic. I do have a lot of paint left over...hum..... 🙂

That looks like a very big package box and also full of plastic part. Ok I keep the unbuild Kinetic's su-33 for fun and I go ordering and other Minibase's kit. Don't want to build many SU33 but just one, I have often two boxes for some incredible awesome kit, sometime I go opening the Trimaster's Ta-152, that kit was so gorgerous comaping to the 90's Standard.

Edited by salomon
35 minutes ago, salomon said:

That looks like a very big package box and also full of plastic part. Ok I keep the unbuild Kinetic's su-33 for fun and I go ordering and other Minibase's kit. Don't want to build many SU33 but just one, I have often two boxes for some incredible awesome kit, sometime I go opening the Trimaster's Ta-152, that kit was so gorgerous comaping to the 90's Standard.

I found very good series of video of Kinetic Su-33 build today. Could be of help to you

Picked up a copy last week from hobbyeasy.  Chocked full of parts.  The only areas where I foresee any AM dabbling is in the exhausts ( if you reallyyyy want that paper thin cross section) and static wicks.  From my limited fondling its an ams modeler dream build. 

konbini

Received mine last night and it is awesome! I've built many, many kits over the decades and it's very rare that I've been this impressed with any new release.  The fact that a new company can pull it off with their first kit is even more impressive.  I spent last night night building the ejection seat which is a small model in its self and  has better detail than any resin seat I've seen.  I'm not an expert on the aircraft but so far it matches up to all the pics I've had time to review.

What you don't really realize until you see it in person is the level of detail.  Every part is well engineered and loaded with crisp clear detail. The instruction "book" is over 50 pages of highly detailed drawings that provide you with plenty of detailed information to see how the parts go together.

I hope the rest of the build is equally enjoyable.  

-Cliff.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:59 PM, Solo said:

Hope my resin exhaust nozzles from Amigo Models will fit the Minibase fuselage.
Building any model without aftermarkets it is something unnatural. 🙂

The design of the new Su-33 is aimed at accuracy, Its benchmark is already high,The edge thickness of the air nozzle blade is 0.4mm, which has basically reached the production limit of plastic injection products,At present, the thinnest 3D printing products on the aftermarket can reach 0.1-0.15mm,But at the same time, it also has the disadvantage that the surface treatment is not smooth enough,CP value is not high.

50931764707_c5eba27ae4_b.jpg

Edited by SuperTomcat21
On 2021/1/22 at AM3点49分, stalal said:

It seems fair. I agree. Looking at the Modelling News preview build, I m not convinced about the photo etch seat. I will swap it with the 3d printed seats or one from Aires. Photo etch can capture the seat cushion and belt details like resin can. 

50931547981_f1390cc171_c.jpg50930859258_3384cca82f_c.jpg50931547996_9f3cf83be9_c.jpg50931548001_95a5d5cd38_c.jpg50931664887_ed6abed13e_c.jpg

Here are some photos taken during the testing phase,It can be observed that the details and shapes of the full-structure seat belt manufactured by photoetching have top-level appearance effects.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:08 AM, Solo said:

Maybe you will change your previous view after receiving the first package. Maybe the value of the product will exceed its price:)