Minibase Su-33 1/48

3 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

Here are some photos taken during the testing phase,It can be observed that the details and shapes of the full-structure seat belt manufactured by photoetching have top-level appearance effects.

They sure can, but one would need artist's hands to be able to skillfully fiddle with all those layers of tiny PE to achieve what's shown there. Same for the painted cockpit panels.

Edited by ijozic

This kit is by far the most detailed I have ever had, its price still reasonable compared to others factories. Take the example of the Trumpeter J-20 and the Hobbyboss mv-22 which are good models and their cost $ 60, but in terms of details which are far from the level of Minibase.

I'm really happy with that. In my point there are AMK's F-14, GWH's Sukhoi and now the Minibase's model and I hope they will make more awesome kit in the further for us.

1 hour ago, salomon said:

This kit is by far the most detailed I have ever had, its price still reasonable compared to others factories. Take the example of the Trumpeter J-20 and the Hobbyboss mv-22 which are good models and their cost $ 60, but in terms of details which are far from the level of Minibase.

I'm really happy with that. In my point there are AMK's F-14, GWH's Sukhoi and now the Minibase's model and I hope they will make more awesome kit in the further for us.

Hobbyboss MV-22 only 60$??? Where? From what I've seen, in terms of details there is just no comparison, the details of the MV-22 is no better than Hasegawa's 1/72, especially the tilt rotor mechanism is worse, basically not there.

Yes, I will buy two Minibase kits too, one for build and one for looking at :-)

My bad, I sew that kit's pricing at Hobby easy at USD 79.61 and the Minibase is USD 76.90. Oh yes there's just no comparison, I like the MV-22 but I'm waiting for the aftermarket goods to detailling the kit, the cabine is just empty with a very basic detail on it; there's

a nice photo reference for the aircrfat here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017345-bell-boeing-mv-22-osprey/

Sorry for the out of topic.

Edited by salomon
On 1/18/2021 at 8:33 PM, ijozic said:

Wow. It seems super overengineered, but in a good way. From the quick look over it, I would have preferred separate instrument decals (like GWH did on their MiG-29 kit) and perhaps a PE glare shield for the cockpit with a plastic alternative, but it's impressive.

Hope it sells well enough so we might get to see more of such insanity.

I'm surprised that the cockpit is so different between it and the Kinetic, though.

48th+scale+Sukhoi+Su-33+Flanker-D+from+M

The weapon options page seems obviously wrong regarding the placement of IR guided Alamo variants, though:

This is because the old design is a reproduction of 1/32 Su-27 resin upgrade parts (for trumpeter) downscaled. The allocation ratio of the trumpeter’s cockpit and nose gear compartment is wrong, which causes the cockpit upgrade parts to inherit its errors to match their installation. The sequelae caused by the shallow cockpit are obvious,The instrument panel and the lower part of the ejection seat need to be reduced in size to fit the assembly,In fact, it can only accommodate a ten-year-old child. The old design team moved the entire wrong Su-27 cockpit into the Su-33( Including most details ),So you will find a huge difference between the completely rebuilt and the old version. As the allocation ratio of the landing gear wheel wells and cockpits tends to be more reasonable,The K-36DM ejection seat can be reconstructed in shape and details according to the published size,When the Build is completed, the effect is amazing,At least its seat cushion will no longer be higher than the dashboard on the sides now,And can fully seat a 1.75-1.8 meter tall pilot into the cockpit. In addition, the details inside the cockpit have all undergone the latest research and 3D reconstruction,Make its effect more close to the real aircraft. 
    Armed equipped w/Chart is only provided as a PDF file for the assembly of the test kit,The chart in the mass production product has been updated.

The pilot is a sample in development. Not included in this kit.
50931761743_c04a57a02d_c.jpg

50932574722_c03d5a88af_c.jpg

50932575212_6eb4614477_c.jpg

50931762668_f80335bc4a_b.jpg

50932573992_ec937e06d0_c.jpg

50931763628_b1f29e180b_c.jpg

50932573002_7f42a9381b_c.jpg

50932572147_044c0d97bf_c.jpg

50932451731_7e2ba4a06e_c.jpg

Edited by SuperTomcat21
8 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

Here are some photos taken during the testing phase,It can be observed that the details and shapes of the full-structure seat belt manufactured by photoetching have top-level appearance effects.

This is brilliant. I stand corrected. But lets see if I could reproduce this result. 

Now I m wondering if the cockpit instruments were micro painted or is it a decal? I have never been able to paint cockpit in such great detail. With the kind of detail this kit has, it deserves this attention to detail in painting. 

Edited by stalal
11 minutes ago, stalal said:

This is brilliant. I stand corrected. But lets see if I could reproduce this result. 

Hi stalal:
   I switched to the flickr photo album, Can't you view any photos?

Edited by SuperTomcat21
44 minutes ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

This is because the old design is a reproduction of 1/32 Su-27 resin upgrade parts (for trumpeter) downscaled. The allocation ratio of the trumpeter’s cockpit and nose gear compartment is wrong, which causes the cockpit upgrade parts to inherit its errors to match their installation. The sequelae caused by the shallow cockpit are obvious,The instrument panel and the lower part of the ejection seat need to be reduced in size to fit the assembly,In fact, it can only accommodate a ten-year-old child. The old design team moved the entire wrong Su-27 cockpit into the Su-33( Including most details ),So you will find a huge difference between the completely rebuilt and the old version. As the allocation ratio of the landing gear wheel wells and cockpits tends to be more reasonable,The K-36DM ejection seat can be reconstructed in shape and details according to the published size,When the Build is completed, the effect is amazing,At least its seat cushion will no longer be higher than the dashboard on the sides now,And can fully seat a 1.75-1.8 meter tall pilot into the cockpit. In addition, the details inside the cockpit have all undergone the latest research and 3D reconstruction,Make its effect more close to the real aircraft. 

Which means Kinetic cockpit was wrong! 

15 minutes ago, stalal said:

Now I m wondering if the cockpit instruments were micro painted or is it a decal? I have never been able to paint cockpit in such great detail. With the kind of detail this kit has, it deserves this attention to detail in painting. 

The dashboard only needs to be sprayed with light blue as the main color, and then decals are applied to it to complete,No need to draw.

2 hours ago, Falcon053 said:

Just ordered one, it will be awhile but cant wait to see it. To those that had it, how do the decals look?

Excellent and very comprehensive.  I haven't applied any as of yet but impressive how many they supply just for the ejection seat.  Cockpit even has separate parts / decals for early and the upgrades applied to aircraft involved in Syria more recently.

My only question is, are there any plans to do a J-15?  I have zero interest in building a Russian jet, and particularly not one from Syria.  A PLAN build would be cool, though.  You don't see enough Chinese subjects built.

4 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

The dashboard only needs to be sprayed with light blue as the main color, and then decals are applied to it to complete,No need to draw.

Looking at the details of the cockpit I wonder if I need a Quinta Studio 3D printed decals..  OOB looks very impressive

6 hours ago, stalal said:

I totally forgot the decals for the instrument panel and side panels are provided, which explains all the detail I presumed was painted on or something.

Edited by ijozic
4 hours ago, MoFo said:

My only question is, are there any plans to do a J-15?  I have zero interest in building a Russian jet, and particularly not one from Syria.  A PLAN build would be cool, though.  You don't see enough Chinese subjects built.

J-15 is the sister development of Su-33,It is logical to appear in the subsequent development list.

4 hours ago, Kasatka said:

Looking at the details of the cockpit I wonder if I need a Quinta Studio 3D printed decals..  OOB looks very impressive

It depends on the personal choice of the builder. There is no doubt that 3D printed decals can provide the easiest solution for painting cockpit instruments,In addition to the price factor, I personally think that the actual effect may be very close to that provided by the kit body.

Just got mine...all I can say is that this is the best model kit in the world,EVER!!!!

Just looks at those details,geometry...incredible!!!

I have a lot model kits...and I mean A LOT!!! This is new benchmark.All I can say WOWWW...WOOOOOOO!!!!!Thank you Minibase!

Ok, so Minibase what is next? 😉

Few years ago I believed GWH's Su-35 is the next level in model enginering, talking about details and quality.
Well, now we have Minibase and Su-33. And the cockpit made out of over 120 parts. And over 330 tiny parst on three small sprues (out of 15 in total plus many singled parts like missiles or inlets). I don't know. Have never seen such detailed, thoughtful and polished kit. I wish to know what about fitting issues (if there are any), but that kit is something spectacular.

Edited by Solo
On 2/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, SuperTomcat21 said:

It depends on the personal choice of the builder. There is no doubt that 3D printed decals can provide the easiest solution for painting cockpit instruments,In addition to the price factor, I personally think that the actual effect may be very close to that provided by the kit body.

Yeah, besides the extra cost over the already big investment in the kit, I personally couldn't get myself sanding off all that nice and accurate detail which comes with the kit. 

My only doubt is how well I could get the instrument decal to fit over the raised details so I wish there was an aftermarket decal set with individual instruments late soviet style. 

2 hours ago, ijozic said:

Yeah, besides the extra cost over the already big investment in the kit, I personally couldn't get myself sanding off all that nice and accurate detail which comes with the kit. 

My only doubt is how well I could get the instrument decal to fit over the raised details so I wish there was an aftermarket decal set with individual instruments late soviet style. 

Hi ijozic,From my friends Sharing ,You can try to do some tests with waste parts as follows.
   The operation is actually not difficult. First cut the decal into small pieces,Then paint Mr. Mark Setter on the light blue bathtub dashboard,Move the decal to the correct position,During the period, there will be some buttons to support the decals to form a small tent,Ignore them at this time,Wait till next day. When you think they are completely dry,Apply Mr. Mark Softer on the surface of the decal,Then use a soft flat pen to flatten gently to make it fit:)

50965903116_9afee2614c_c.jpg

50965196388_dee04ea052_b.jpg50965903466_5c996c23a0_c.jpg

50966011797_2ebe7a8fd1_c.jpg

50965903006_e1b032397b_c.jpg

50965904176_15880e2799_b.jpg

50965903931_23f7c3a1f8_b.jpg

50966010592_914ecb3639_c.jpg

50965197243_9b13ffa947_c.jpg