Minibase Su-33 1/48

3 hours ago, Solo said:

Few years ago I believed GWH's Su-35 is the next level in model enginering, talking about details and quality.
Well, now we have Minibase and Su-33. And the cockpit made out of over 120 parts. And over 330 tiny parst on three small sprues (out of 15 in total plus many singled parts like missiles or inlets). I don't know. Have never seen such detailed, thoughtful and polished kit. I wish to know what about fitting issues (if there are any), but that kit is something spectacular.

Thanks for such a high standard appreciation,But still need to have enough patience to complete the build.

7 hours ago, Mustang381 said:

Just got mine...all I can say is that this is the best model kit in the world,EVER!!!!

Just looks at those details,geometry...incredible!!!

I have a lot model kits...and I mean A LOT!!! This is new benchmark.All I can say WOWWW...WOOOOOOO!!!!!Thank you Minibase!

Ok, so Minibase what is next? 😉

WoW...Just Wooow!! Thx~What do you hope it will be?

One question: what are clear parts I6, I15 and I 16 for? I can't find anything about them in instruction manual, so why are they there?

10 minutes ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

What do you hope it will be?

Anything.
Really, any next such detailed kit would be warm welcomed.
Personally I wish to have something what is missing on the market: good Su-25 or A-10 kit.
Or - seriously - new F-16, because althought Tamiya kits are almost perfect regarding surface and shape, but there is lack od details in cockpit or wheel bays. New F-16 from Minibase... it would be really big WOW. 🙂

4 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

WoW...Just Wooow!! Thx~What do you hope it will be?

Thank you for answer dear friend.I really mean that you just made perfect kit.I have buyed two boxes,because I would like to make my Su-33 in both variants with folded wing and ready for mission.And also to show standard,and modernized variant with SVP-24-33 system, it is very important that this aircraft it can be presented in it's first combat campaign.All I can say to you is BRAVO SIR!!!To you and to all team from Minibase.

As of next what I would like to see is MiG-35...MiG-29KUB.And also very important Chinese jets,like J-8,J-7... series.Those Chinese aircrafts are very important for aircraft history and they deserve to be shown in better light.

Edited by Mustang381
16 hours ago, Solo said:

Anything.
Really, any next such detailed kit would be warm welcomed.

Given the time it took them to finish this one, they could release some more Flanker variants. Since GWH did the regular single and dual seat Flankers, they could reuse the canard base and do Su-27M/35/37 and Su-30SM perhaps 🙂

Edited by ijozic
17 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

Hi ijozic,From my friends Sharing ,You can try to do some tests with waste parts as follows.
   The operation is actually not difficult. First cut the decal into small pieces,Then paint Mr. Mark Setter on the light blue bathtub dashboard,Move the decal to the correct position,During the period, there will be some buttons to support the decals to form a small tent,Ignore them at this time,Wait till next day. When you think they are completely dry,Apply Mr. Mark Softer on the surface of the decal,Then use a soft flat pen to flatten gently to make it fit:)

50965903116_9afee2614c_c.jpg

50965196388_dee04ea052_b.jpg50965903466_5c996c23a0_c.jpg

50966011797_2ebe7a8fd1_c.jpg

50965903006_e1b032397b_c.jpg

50965904176_15880e2799_b.jpg

50965903931_23f7c3a1f8_b.jpg

50966010592_914ecb3639_c.jpg

50965197243_9b13ffa947_c.jpg

Nicely explained, I will be following your advice. Thanks for that.

It is always better to look carefully on the picture before you write something.
The real pylon has got raised lines on front part and recessed at the end.
Minibase pylon has exactly opposite.image.thumb.png.deb281cb6a7d2b6250bc02196b3ebfc1.png

Edited by Solo

Lol, this is the same weld but in different lightning conditions. On the front is is lightened directly by the sun so shadow is on the bottom/left, the back part of pylon is lightened by snow reflection as it is in the wing shadow, that's why line shadow is inverted 😄

47 minutes ago, Solo said:

What?

Hi Solo,The low-resolution photos may make you misjudge your observations,Please check the photo below,Thank you Mr. Vladimir Nazarov for providing high resolution photos to the design team. 

DSC07790

Edited by SuperTomcat21
19 minutes ago, Solo said:

Ok, but what about my 2 questions regarding clear parts? Please let me know something about it. 🙂

It is set up to correspond to the open or closed state,After constant modification, it also played a backup role.