Minibase Su-33 1/48

44 minutes ago, ijozic said:

I'll try one more time to explain my point - imagine the situation where the Minibase designer didn't start with the Su-33 research yet or even chosen which kit he might design and Kinetic released their Su-33 kit to the market already (developed by someone else let's say).

Do you think Minibase would then still have gone with the Su-33 and compete with the Kinetic kit or would they have chosen a different subject?

In any case, glad they did and hope more Flankers will follow. Heck, I'd love any Soviet late Cold War subject in 1/48 at this level of detail, including a MiG-29, despite the GWH kit (at least they would do justice to those auxiliary intakes).

In my opinion, different regions and different people will have different emotions for different product themes. Some subjects that make you feel obscure may feel bright and beautiful in other regions. The popularity of this product in Russia is beyond imagination( https://vk.com/armatamodels?w=wall-114983756_242245 ). 
    The function of records is to be break, The existing good quality kits can be replaced by higher-quality kits. This is in line with the principle of free competition in the market economy, and the result is the survival of the fittest. When encountering the example you mentioned, I will choose to break through with all my strength instead of taking a detour.
     In addition, your hope at the end also shows the subconscious expectation of breaking the status quo:)

Ok, so that Su-33 has became a great success, Minibase has got enought financial resources to make another project, so please tell us: when there will be announced next kit you are going to make? And of course I don't think about J-15, what is obvious nex clone of that Su-33.

16 minutes ago, Solo said:

Ok, so that Su-33 has became a great success, Minibase has got enought financial resources to make another project, so please tell us: when there will be announced next kit you are going to make? And of course I don't think about J-15, what is obvious nex clone of that Su-33.

When the design is transferred to a brand new theme, everything will become slow,Because the most basic part may need to be adjusted repeatedly,Excessive speed will mean more vulnerabilities,Therefore, the team continues to focus on some derivative variants of Su-33 for the time being. Maybe when J-15 goes on the market, it will make you change your current thinking, Thank you.😂

47 minutes ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

Maybe when J-15 goes on the market, it will make you change your current thinking, Thank you.😂

What do you mean?
My thinking is that you will launch second the best model of modern jet in 48 in the world, that is what I am thinking. 🙂
And I do hope you will make at last something what is not Su-27 clone, because there are so many modern jets which should be made in such perfect detailing. Do whatever you want, I will buy it. 🙂

5 hours ago, SuperTomcat21 said:

In my opinion, different regions and different people will have different emotions for different product themes. Some subjects that make you feel obscure may feel bright and beautiful in other regions. The popularity of this product in Russia is beyond imagination( https://vk.com/armatamodels?w=wall-114983756_242245 ). 

Wow, so that's where all the Minibase kits have went.. Had no idea it was so popular there (especially given Zvezda's turn to cheaper kits with their T-50 and Mi-24), thanks for sharing that.

8 hours ago, Solo said:

What do you mean?
My thinking is that you will launch second the best model of modern jet in 48 in the world, that is what I am thinking. 🙂
And I do hope you will make at last something what is not Su-27 clone, because there are so many modern jets which should be made in such perfect detailing. Do whatever you want, I will buy it. 🙂

Excuse me Solo,Maybe it's my English expression problem,When designing a brand new theme, Basic shape is the most important. In my country, people usually have difficulty accessing real aircraft,This makes it difficult to pick up subtle changes in the aircraft's surface curvature, Compared with the design of derivatives of the same aircraft family, It must take more time to complete the design of another theme,In other words, when a theme kit has just been released, it is not realistic to hope to release another theme kit in a short time. For derivative models,The team will try to provide enough new ideas to make the market like it. Thank you.

you are talking about the same thing and you misunderstand the same subject. I personally know that designing a subject takes time and the basic form is paramount over the correctness of form. Even though you can have access to real planes, it is not easy to create something perfectly right. I am not a model maker, but my job comes a little bit closer without going into the other so in-depth details. There is this during the problem of the size of the company with more or less staff, Tamiya has a lot of employees and takes a long time for each subject and we tend to forget that detail.

My Mirage F1 from scratch, Shape drawing, detail panels drawing and rendering.

https://ibb.co/s9R2xQ9
https://ibb.co/Y8jsQcn
https://ibb.co/gZnmwrT

Edited by salomon
2 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

There is still some room for new Flankers: Su-33UB, J-15 twin seater, J-16 with WS-10, Su-37.

Su-27M would be my personal pick as something that hasn't been done, but I guess it's basically the Su-37 airframe without the vectored thrust.

Given the price/quality ratio, I would presume that others would prefer a Minibase kit of this quality over GWH, KH and HB as well, so they should do the classic variants as well (Su-27, UB, MKI, MKK, 35, etc.).

I forgot to mention teal alternative for Su-34 and of course Su-30SM - despite gwh is about to release it but so far it's only a rumor.

If Minibase's customer service is as good as GWH's then I'll simply go for cheaper option.

3 hours ago, salomon said:

you are talking about the same thing and you misunderstand the same subject. I personally know that designing a subject takes time and the basic form is paramount over the correctness of form. Even though you can have access to real planes, it is not easy to create something perfectly right. I am not a model maker, but my job comes a little bit closer without going into the other so in-depth details. There is this during the problem of the size of the company with more or less staff, Tamiya has a lot of employees and takes a long time for each subject and we tend to forget that detail.

My Mirage F1 from scratch, Shape drawing, detail panels drawing and rendering.

https://ibb.co/s9R2xQ9
https://ibb.co/Y8jsQcn
https://ibb.co/gZnmwrT

You re right. It takes a lot of time and attention to produce a kit. If you compare Tamiya, they have been producing kits for decades. Their design is very simple and they follow this template in every kit. Minibase has put too much detail in one product. Its a lot more involving to produce this kind of complex kit than what Tamiya does with their focus on basic details and shape of the kit. Im only comparing 1/48 kits.

We talked about Tanmodel Su-33 in 32's scale  about 5 years ago, the level of detail seems exceeded to the next level. There is also the buccaneer programmed to be release in 2017 but since we have no new any news and I hope the manufacturer is always here and will make us dream with its atypical subjects, I mean the buccaneer.

What I mean is that the design of a plastic model is not an easy stuff, by adding time to conceive details and finally sell it on the market. We have the example of Tanmodel who has trouble getting out their models for 5 years. I greet the teams of the team of minibase who took a while to make their only model fornow, congratulations and I wait for the announcement of their next coming models sur sure.

47 minutes ago, paulsbrown said:

GWH announced an Su-30SM?

21 hours ago, Tapchan said:

I forgot to mention teal alternative for Su-34 and of course Su-30SM - despite gwh is about to release it but so far it's only a rumor.

In my country we have something we are calling "defeat of harvest" what means we have more goods then we are able to bear. I am affraid we have the same situation with models of 1:48 Su-27 and the clones. One of the best companies on the market (GWH) has just started making line of those kit, now we have Minibase who annouces that there will be another Su-27 kits in the future. Nothing more then Su-27 and more, more beautiful and perfect Su-27 kits...
Nice, but... to much for that subject.

3 hours ago, Solo said:

In my country we have something we are calling "defeat of harvest" what means we have more goods then we are able to bear. I am affraid we have the same situation with models of 1:48 Su-27 and the clones. One of the best companies on the market (GWH) has just started making line of those kit, now we have Minibase who annouces that there will be another Su-27 kits in the future. Nothing more then Su-27 and more, more beautiful and perfect Su-27 kits...
Nice, but... to much for that subject.

Let's pretend that Su-27 kits are running shoes/sneakers...  who makes them? N ike, Reebok, Adidas, New Balance, Brooks, Saucony, Mizuno, Puma.. the list goes on and on.. do you complain when a new company makes a running shoe? They are basically the same.. it's a shoe.. do we need more of that subject?

Edited by playertwo

Su-27 is not runing shoes, and the list of realy good model kit manufacturers is very limited. So if 2 or 3 of them is making the same models, they can not make any others - simple. Of course it ia good to have plenty of kits of every model possible, but finally we will have planty of kits of Su-27 and no model kits of many others jets. I wish to have both, so for me it is fair better to have GWH making their Su-27 line and Minibase making something different.
That is my own point of view, you do not to have to agree with me.

Edited by Solo

OK, but Minibase already invested years in Su-33. It makes much more sense to release several Flanker variants over the course of a few years then to invest another 5-6 years to make something completely different.

As nice as the GWH kit might be, Minibase one would expectedly have a higher level of detail and would be somewhat cheaper. Thus, I'll buy their Flanker if they release one.

I wish they'd make a MiG-29 kit. I've made one by GWH, but I'd rather not make another one.

Edited by ijozic
1 hour ago, ijozic said:

OK, but Minibase already invested years in Su-33. It makes much more sense to release several Flanker variants over the course of a few years then to invest another 5-6 years to make something completely different.

As much as the Su-33 looks like other Flankers I don't think as far as sprue molds go there are many parts in common with other Flankers: the nose, intakes, engines, cockpit/canopy and vertical tails are all I can think of. The landing gear, wings and fuselage are totally different and would require a lot of new research for new molds. 

Regardless, I'm delighted with the growing level of choices for the Flanker family.