Minibase Su-33 1/48

On 7/29/2019 at 9:08 AM, Nino_Belov said:

from what angle of view is yours best?

104377.jpg

Any angle will do, but sans the Sorbtsiyas; I prefer my Flanker D with wingtip rails, folded wings and stabilators, and an open canopy. A little deflection on the canards as well.

No missiles at all, as in the picture, or an odd load (as though some missile had been fired). I seldom like my aircraft kits loaded to bear.

As for the paint, got the Akan Nº46326 Russian Deck Aviation set of 6 + the whole range of Alclad metalisers to build the Kinetic kit. It¡s a big monster in 1/48 

3 hours ago, Solo said:

MRP-199, MRP-200, MRP-201. Colours dedicated to Su-33.

MRP-201 is not correct. The color should be a light blue-grey. MRPs color is a plain light grey. I used MRP 199, 200 and AKAN's version of the light blue-grey 63163. All are lacquers and airbrush beautifully. AKAN's set for the Su-33 is 46326, but I think its dark blue color a little too dark. Otherwise they are a perfect match for the real colors but I still liked MRP 199 and 200 a little better.

11 hours ago, Solo said:

Isn’t this MRP-201correct for upper surfaces? This more bluish grey is for underside, I believe.

Same color is used on top as on the bottom. Some photos may distort the colors. The AKAN set has just three colors for the camo plus white for radio transparent areas (nose cone etc.), red for wheel wells and the cockpit color.

https://www.lindenhillimports.com/store/p950/AKAN46326.html#/

8 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

MR201 I have and I just brushed it on paper...it doesnt look so correct brother.

Yea, get the AKAN color. Its spot on.

1 minute ago, Nino_Belov said:

Ok did anyone tried AKAN? Are they durable,mask resistant etc...?Today I plan to order colors. 🙂

I used the lacquer version. Thinned with Mr Color Leveling thinner. Airbrushes beautifully. Has very fine and dense pigments so a little paint goes a long way as far as coverage. They are mask resistant. Smooth semi-matt finish. I really like their paints a lot. I have not used the water based acrylics except for some brush painting. Mr Matt Foley reported problems with adhesion with them. Color wise the they match the lacquer colors perfectly, so I have used them for small brush touch ups of the airbrushed areas.

1 hour ago, boom175 said:

AKAN paints seemed a little fragile to me when I airbrushed them. However this was over bare plastic, I haven't tried them over primed plastic.

I almost always prime and did so with the Su-33 (which I am slowly working on still ). No adhesion problems for me.

3 minutes ago, Nino_Belov said:

Are they Valleyo quality atleast???I used a lot of water based Vallejo and had no problem with them,ofcourse on primed surface.

A lot of people have used the water based AKAN paints and liked them. I just know that Mr. Foley reported problems. You might test them on an old model or primed piece of plastic. I just like lacquer paints myself, like MRP, Mr. Color and AKAN Solvent based lacquers. The MRP paints noted above are all solvent based lacquers.

21 hours ago, Mstor said:

I used MRP 199, 200 and AKAN's version of the light blue-grey 63163. All are lacquers and airbrush beautifully. AKAN's set for the Su-33 is 46326, but I think its dark blue color a little too dark.

Mark, I don't think the medium of the Akan six-paint set 46326 is lacquer based. Do you know whether the Akan series 6xxxx of paints is lacquer based?

5 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Mark, I don't think the medium of the Akan six-paint set 46326 is lacquer based. Do you know whether the Akan series 6xxxx of paints is lacquer based?

Sorry, but you will find that I am correct on this one. Below is the link to the set on AKAN site. The lacquer based paints are called "original diluent (46xxx Series)". The individual paint bottles are numbered in the 63xxx series. The confusion is perhaps that they are acrylic lacquers that use a solvent (lacquer) based diluent (dilutant). The water-borne paints are acrylic lacquer that use a water-based diluent.

http://shop.akan.ru/en/46xxx-series/46326.html

The water-borne sets are in the 47xxx series and the individual paints in the 73xxx series. Here is the link to the same set as above but in the water-borne paints:

http://shop.akan.ru/en/47xxx-series/47326.html

AKAN do make an enamel based paint but I believe they are phasing them out. They appear to be available only as individual bottles in the 8xxxx numbered series.

It all get pretty confusing, but I find AKAN site the best for determining what sets and colors are available in each paint type. I usually consult AKAN's site and then check on the Linden Hill site where AKAN paints are available in the USA and where I purchase them.

• Petarvu changed the title to Minibase Su-33 1/48