ARC Discussion Forums
Dmanton300

GWH F-15E Strike Eagle 1/72nd

Posted (edited)

Built more or less from the box. Superb model, although I do think it's perhaps a shade fat around the nose. Paint is Mr Color, weathering with oils, final finish Vallejo. Markings are from Eagle Strike for a 48th TFW machine during the Kosovo crisis.

Great kit, but overshadowed (in my eyes anyway) by the almost simultaneously released Academy one which is just sharper overall, and has a better nose shape to my eye. Nonetheless, either will make a beautiful model. 

fin01.jpg

fin02.jpgfin03.jpgfin04.jpg

Edited by Dmanton300

Looks like a great job to me👀🤓👍

Hoping that you could or will post more photos of this Eagle 🦅 📸🙏

From what I've seen the Academy kits burner cans in there E are the old Turky Feathers  type .  The version or option for the one without Turkey Feathers is very simplistic. I think you made the better choice in building the GWH offerin:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mr.Happy(In name only)

Nicely done. I have one of these in the stash and am looking forward to building it. 

Mark

Looks great!   I think you made the better choice too.  After fondling plastic at the US Nats, I can tell you the nozzles in the Academy offering are terrible and will need to be replaced.  

Steve

excellent work, fantastic Strike Eagle!!!  Are you know if GW will release more Strikes Eagles? (F15I, F15K, F15SG, F.15SA) or Eagle family (A, B, C, D)

Regards