Hasegawa 1/72 F-111F

Here is my 1/72nd Hasegawa F-111F. I usually only build in 1/48 but the amount of work required to update and correct either the Academy or Hobbyboss kits is way to expensive and time consuming for my liking. Hopefully one day someone will give us a Tamiya/ Hasegawa/ AMK etc etc standard kit one day. This is an older build I completed in around 08-09. For aftermarket I added Verlindens cockpit update, Master Model pitot and various weapons from Hasegawa 1/72 weapons sets. Decals are a mixture of Superscale, Xtradecal and the kit decals. Painting was done with the long out of production Aeromaster Warbird acrylics and Tamiya acrylics. 

p6mWTIw.jpg

eCWPtvv.jpg

GbIy2wb.jpg

UUEL4Ju.jpg

5fBVsMH.jpg

VDZ9fxl.jpg

2tNq3fj.jpg

DR8d1Kz.jpg

l8rSk2o.jpg

JK9Je5Y.jpg

5HpsEKD.jpg

tRnMnTh.jpg

1 hour ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Very nice, does the kit come with the pylon shoulder mounted Sidewinder rails? Or did you scratch them?

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Yes the kit does have Sidewinder rails included. It also has MERs too.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:53 AM, joeltc said:

Thanks mate. Yes the kit does have Sidewinder rails included. It also has MERs too.

Just to clarify, the Hasy kits all came with BRU's, the unique "MER's" to the 111 family. and, BTW, very nice results!

DET1460

On 8/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, Gremlin said:

excellent work, the pylons can be rotate? or are fixed? the configuration is Desert Storm loadout?

regards

The kit was tooled to have the wings fully extended with everything hanging out. But it does have slots inside the fuselage for fully extended and for swept halfway but not swept back. So if you wanted you would have to modify the wings to have the wings swept half way or fully back. As for the pylons the holes that the pylons pivot on are pre drilled but for swept half way and swept back there are indentations for locating pins so you can drill them out. The load out I modelled mine on was from the early to mid 80s since the picture I was working from was taken around that timeframe.

• 2 weeks later...