1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18C VFA-151 Vigilantes

That's very interesting. One does not often see a legay Hornet loaded with tanks across the board.  As has been noted, the outboard pylons are dry and the tanks there are empty and loaded only for transfer to a different location.  Not often photographed, but perfectly legal.

7 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

That's very interesting. One does not often see a legay Hornet loaded with tanks across the board.  As has been noted, the outboard pylons are dry and the tanks there are empty and loaded only for transfer to a different location.  Not often photographed, but perfectly legal.

Thanks for clarifying that Joe.

Eric

I don't normally look in on F-18 builds because I think they tend to be a bit bland and BOG but I'm glad I stopped in here to look at this one. I've never seen this scheme before now and I must say, it's rather striking. I wonder if there is a similar scheme for the F/A-18F? And decals for it in 32nd scale...

Really great job on your build. Thanks for posting it

Si

1 minute ago, The Madhatter said:

I don't normally look in on F-18 builds because I think they tend to be a bit bland and BOG but I'm glad I stopped in here to look at this one. I've never seen this scheme before now and I must say, it's rather striking. I wonder if there is a similar scheme for the F/A-18F? And decals for it in 32nd scale...

Really great job on your build. Thanks for posting it

Si

Thanks for dropping by Madhatter. The only VFA-151 decal made for the Super hornet that I know is from Furball Decal The Air Wing All Stars Part 3. Its for the F/A-18E.

Eric

A nicely done paintjob, looks really good! (y)

Didn't think legacy Hornets could carry five gas bags, but obviously I'm proved wrong. Also love the loadout, it just looks so cool! Will steal that idea for one of my builds... ;)

5 hours ago, Najk said:

A nicely done paintjob, looks really good! (y)

Didn't think legacy Hornets could carry five gas bags, but obviously I'm proved wrong. Also love the loadout, it just looks so cool! Will steal that idea for one of my builds... ;)

I was thinking of a unique load for my hornet. After so much time in the internet I finally picked this one.

• 4 weeks later...