Hello friends one of my all time favorite helicopteres is the UH1M..

.with the terrible revell kit I always have issues with.. I did two in the past (one my 2 year son destroy) and the other one is the "what if" I did a month or so ago..

I have a quick question

Can a UH-1M Be done out of the 1/48 Hobby Boss C?

I would like to do one of those(picture attached). I can see the blades on the HB kit are different and stuff inside.. but the tail looks really cool.

hope Ray see this ----->  in what time frame the M started service in Vietnam if they did?

any suggestion pictures are welcome

6355048327_d9558d8ba4_b.jpg

UH-1_M.jpg

uh-1m_66-15242.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H

The only difference between a UH-1C and a UH-1M is the engine. You can't tell them apart if you are looking at them. If you can see that the blades on one kit are not correct, maybe you can swap them out for the blades of another.

The first UH-1M's were introduced in Vietnam in 1970. The first three were equipped with the INFANT night fighter and tracking system. All others were upgraded from the UH-1C by swapping out the necessary parts that were provided in the form of a "kit". This was usually done at phase inspection, but not always. The aircraft serial numbers remained the same as they were as C models, only the aircraft model type changed-UH-1M.

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake
2 hours ago, Chief Snake said:

The only difference between a UH-1C and a UH-1M is the engine. You can't tell them apart if you are looking at them. If you can see that the blades on one kit are not correct, maybe you can swap them out for the blades of another.

The first UH-1M's were introduced in Vietnam in 1970. The first three were equipped with the INFANT night fighter and tracking system. All others were upgraded from the UH-1C by swapping out the necessary parts that were provided in the form of a "kit". This was usually done at phase inspection, but not always. The aircraft serial numbers remained the same as they were as C models, only the aircraft model type changed-UH-1M.

Chris M

Amazing thanks!! 

Yes I can use the revell  blades on the HB and it should work 

Sorry, Charlie, I have been busy at work lately.  Chris has you covered.  I did exactly what you are talking about with the Hobby Boss kit.  I took the rotor and much of the interior from the Huey Hog.  I built her as a OPFOR deone from White Sands.

Ray

13710613_10154325641389098_3393092325181

13308690_10154149390324098_6981439439914

Edited by rotorwash
13 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Sorry, Charlie, I have been busy at work lately.  Chris has you covered.  I did exactly what you are talking about with the Hobby Boss kit.  I took the rotor and much of the interior from the Huey Hog.  I built her as a OPFOR deone from White Sands.

Ray

13710613_10154325641389098_3393092325181

13308690_10154149390324098_6981439439914

Great! Ray, thanks!! Amazing built! The tail on then HB is accurate or at least more accurate than the Revell Hog?

Hello friends

if someone will not be using this part (not the clear ones just the armor parts) or have an extra set of this

and  will be able to provide it to me since the HB do not bring that part but the Revell does . and I will be doing an UH-1M From el Salvador

it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Revell-04476-_UH-1-_Huey-_Hog-04.jpg

34763_1216612397.jpg

On 8/28/2017 at 11:28 AM, CharlieUH-1H said:

Hello friends

if someone will not be using this part (not the clear ones just the armor parts) or have an extra set of this

and  will be able to provide it to me since the HB do not bring that part but the Revell does . and I will be doing an UH-1M From el Salvador

it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Revell-04476-_UH-1-_Huey-_Hog-04.jpg

34763_1216612397.jpg

Charlie, are these from the 1/32 revell kit?  If so, I will not be using mine and can send them to you.  PM your address and I will get them in the mail this week.  

3 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Charlie, are these from the 1/32 revell kit?  If so, I will not be using mine and can send them to you.  PM your address and I will get them in the mail this week.  

Thanks man hope you are doing good 

for the 1/48 

1 hour ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks man hope you are doing good 

for the 1/48 

I guess I should have looked at the rest of the thread!  Hahaha!  For some reason I thought I saw something about being 1/35, but maybe that was a previous thread I was reading and got confused.  Can't wait to see your work on this!