Skyraider wingtip landing lights?

I was researching details for my black bottom A-1J Skyraider, and I came across a photo of one with what appears to be a drop down landing light on the left wingtip.

http://skyraider.org/skyassn/otherpics/west/EOR_2.jpg
This feature is not on the Tamiya kit, was it a common item on AF Skyraiders?
If so, was there one on each wingtip?

Larry

Tommy Thomason has quite a few photos of Skyraiders. Unfortunately, they are spread throughout his blog so you have to hunt them down. Tailspintopics.blogspot.com and thanlont.blogspot.com

Phil Friddell also likes Skyraiders. Same situation. Replicainscale.blogspot.com

Edited by Slartibartfast
6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Tommy Thomason has quite a few photos of Skyraiders. Unfortunately, they are spread throughout his blog so you have to hunt them down. Tailspintopics.blogspot.com and thanlont.blogspot.com

Phil Friddell also likes Skyraiders. Same situation. Replicainscale.blogspot.com

Thanks for the reply. I have already looked all through those blogs, and there was no info on the landing lights.

2 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Thanks for the reply. I have already looked all through those blogs, and there was no info on the landing lights.

There will be nothing in my blogs on Skyraider landing/taxi lights because that was one of the changes/modifications associated with a USAF/VNAF A-1s. That said, since I've been working toward a configuration/markings summary for Paul Fisher's A-1E conversion kit, I do have some information on the family model. See http://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/usafvnaf-1es.html

9 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

There will be nothing in my blogs on Skyraider landing/taxi lights because that was one of the changes/modifications associated with a USAF/VNAF A-1s. That said, since I've been working toward a configuration/markings summary for Paul Fisher's A-1E conversion kit, I do have some information on the family model. See http://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/usafvnaf-1es.html

Thanks for the info Tommy. A nice detailed photo. The bird I plan to build doesn't appear to have the light on the left gear strut, but I can see what appears to be lights on both wingtips, even though I have only seen the left one deployed.

Larry

6 hours ago, Finn said:

Thanks for the great link Jari. I will have to spend some time looking through that site.

Larry