Yeah, prayers and safety to all our south Texas amigos.  I am in Amarillo so don't have much to worry

about except for some possible residual rain that might move this far north.

Jerry

Be safe, folks. No jokin', we're pulling for y'all.

I was in North Louisiana when Hurricane Andrew hit there....I was the butt of many bad jokes afterward. I was in flight training at the time, and one of our birds was destroyed on the ground since the last guy to fly it didn't tie it down correctly. A few days later when flight ops resumed, a lot of us had fun taking photos of ourselves lying down in the wreckage pretending we were crash victims....you know how stupid college kids are....

I hope all of our ARC brothers in the path of the Hurricane made it threw safe and sound and with very little property damage. It doesn't look good for Rockport, Word that I heard was that the High School partially collapsed and a nursing homes roof collapsed as well, ten people had to be rescued.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Rockport took it on the chin.  Just lots of rain and a bit wind for me.  Ground is already saturated, tough.  Most of the bayous are near or at flood.

Same here. I'm up in Spring (just north of Houston). They keep saying that it's going to get bad again. Guess we'll see.

So far. White Oak Bayou is close to overflowing it's banks and there is some localized street flooding in the usual spots. Overall it's not too bad in my neighborhood, but some parts of town appear to have gotten hit far worse than others. We're still looking at a couple more days of rain so things will likely get worse before they get better.

Edited by gocoogs

A freind in and fellow modeler who recently moved to Dickinson, Texas posted on Facebook that he and his wife have lost everything to the floodwaters.  They escaped with the cats, and are safe at a Good Samaritan's home.

SN