ARC Discussion Forums
niart17

Hurricane Harvey

Any of you guys in Southern Texas, you stay safe and get out of harms way. I'm more southeast Texas so I am watching it very closely but looks like it's going to be a doozey. Prayers with all.

Bill

Yeah, prayers and safety to all our south Texas amigos.  I am in Amarillo so don't have much to worry

about except for some possible residual rain that might move this far north.

Jerry

I will be getting rains and some wind. The more rain the better ( just not all at once ). 

I'm here in Houston and we're watching it closely. May get stuck at work for 72 hrs at the hospital or may get called in to work at the fire department. Everyone please stay safe.

Yeah, watching the forecasts.  Not too worried about the rain, the house has been dry in the three previous big rain events.  You Corpus area guys take care.

I am in South Texas and we had a little rain and some wind. It past us up and is bearing down on Corpus. Looked at our radar a few minutes ago that thing is wound up real tight! Anyone living in Corpus and North of Corpus stay safe!

Rockport took it on the chin.  Just lots of rain and a bit wind for me.  Ground is already saturated, tough.  Most of the bayous are near or at flood.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Be safe, folks. No jokin', we're pulling for y'all.

I was in North Louisiana when Hurricane Andrew hit there....I was the butt of many bad jokes afterward. I was in flight training at the time, and one of our birds was destroyed on the ground since the last guy to fly it didn't tie it down correctly. A few days later when flight ops resumed, a lot of us had fun taking photos of ourselves lying down in the wreckage pretending we were crash victims....you know how stupid college kids are....

I hope all of our ARC brothers in the path of the Hurricane made it threw safe and sound and with very little property damage. It doesn't look good for Rockport, Word that I heard was that the High School partially collapsed and a nursing homes roof collapsed as well, ten people had to be rescued.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Rockport took it on the chin.  Just lots of rain and a bit wind for me.  Ground is already saturated, tough.  Most of the bayous are near or at flood.

Same here. I'm up in Spring (just north of Houston). They keep saying that it's going to get bad again. Guess we'll see.

Guess I spoke too soon. Rain and wind have picked up again. Reports of confirmed tornadoes on the NW side of Houston.

Houston Heights here. We caught a break from the rain for most of the day, but it's back now with a vengeance.

You guys still dry?  Galveston County is in bad shape. I know there's a modeler in Texas City.

Edited by Slartibartfast

So far. White Oak Bayou is close to overflowing it's banks and there is some localized street flooding in the usual spots. Overall it's not too bad in my neighborhood, but some parts of town appear to have gotten hit far worse than others. We're still looking at a couple more days of rain so things will likely get worse before they get better.

Edited by gocoogs

You Houston guys stay safe some of the video coming from there shows people wading in chest level waters.

We're still safe and dry for the moment. Still expecting more severe rain over the next couple of days. Watching the retention ditch behind the house.

Here's one for you Houston folks if you haven't seen it. Ok don't know why it went from a link to a big picture!

Edited by tosouthern66

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Channel 2/NBC has a live stream if you want to join us.

With that much rain I'd expect more than just a stream....  😊

The CBS affiliate flooded and had to shut down.

That hawk is like a lot of women I know ... you just can't drive smoothly enough for them.

Edited by Slartibartfast

A freind in and fellow modeler who recently moved to Dickinson, Texas posted on Facebook that he and his wife have lost everything to the floodwaters.  They escaped with the cats, and are safe at a Good Samaritan's home.

SN