Well, if I get carpal tunnel from copying your (Joel and Janne') build threads, you'd better feel guilty. Or not....

Sorry to hear about this, I've been lurking and stealing(copying?) your techniques for a bit, but I certainly understand your dilemma. PB really put the screws to the modelling community by their nefarious deed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Salute!

On 2017-11-16 at 4:49 PM, Sebastijan said:

how about uploading the pics of your previous builds to the respective folders of the image provider of your choice and include the link to your model building account in your signature? just a thought

On 2017-11-16 at 7:23 PM, Joel_W said:

Sebastijan,

In theory it would work, but in terms of practicality, more then 22 pages of pictures  would entail a massive effort. Much of that body of work is pure OOB, and some of it not very good by my current standards.  I also never bothered with separate folders for each build, so the downloading and moving would have to be picture by picture.   

Joel

It pays to be organised :D I've always saved my builds in a main folder on my putor then divided into the sub folders: Presentation, Construction, Painting, Decals/ Weathering and Finished :)

So I might follow Sebs suggestion...

On 2017-11-17 at 3:54 PM, IAGeezer said:

Well, if I get carpal tunnel from copying your (Joel and Janne') build threads, you'd better feel guilty. Or not....

Sorry to hear about this, I've been lurking and stealing(copying?) your techniques for a bit, but I certainly understand your dilemma. PB really put the screws to the modelling community by their nefarious deed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Salute!

LoL

I'm feeling very guilty....suffering from carpal tunnel issues myself lately, nasty stuff but at least it doesn't hurt. :D

1 hour ago, Aigore said:

LoL

I'm feeling very guilty....suffering from carpal tunnel issues myself lately, nasty stuff but at least it doesn't hurt. :D

I've saved my builds for the most part in separate folders and kept on a separate drive just in case my HD dies, which hasn't happened as yet. Everything else over the years has bit the dust at the worst possible time.  My comment on about not using folders was in reference to just how I uploaded them to PB and Image Shack. 

Right now all my pictures still show up on PB just fine. but come Dec it just might be a whole different story.  When I retire come this Feb, I just might try to repost some of the pictures in my later build threads.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I even uploaded the latest pic to the bucket and linked it here....does it show? The Bucket told me nothing would show come december if I didn´t pay their ridicuous subscribtion fee of $400 and my old account would be turned into a free acount with limited uploading space. I still have 50% free space and what looks like my old paid account.

Anyways here´s where I´m at.

IMG_3658_zpsu1ln0j1q.jpg

Cheers!

Janne,

it's really nice to see you post here. I for one have missed  you. As for your picture, it shows up just fine.  A few years ago I switched to Image Shack as their monthly account was only $1 more them PBs, and it's rock solid upload and downloads. Not one single issue.  My free PB account as I stopped my monthly payments still allows access, and all my pictures still show. 

Looking forward to seeing your next update sooner then later.

Joel

2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

it's really nice to see you post here. I for one have missed  you. As for your picture, it shows up just fine.  A few years ago I switched to Image Shack as their monthly account was only $1 more them PBs, and it's rock solid upload and downloads. Not one single issue.  My free PB account as I stopped my monthly payments still allows access, and all my pictures still show. 

Looking forward to seeing your next update sooner then later.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Yeah, it's been a while.....this autumn has been hard  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go,an update and a sign of life :P

I was dealt a right hook by life but now I´m up and about again :D

Well I´ve been sanding and filling....this ain´t no tammy kit I can tell you that :P

IMG_3659_zpsmfyfxppr.jpg

IMG_3660_zpsckl6xoxl.jpg

I´m reaching the end of it so I restored some lost panellines using these utensils :D
'
IMG_3661_zpswai0wiuu.jpg

But what really set me off and nearly binned the kit was this glue spill on the windshield....for the Nth time!

IMG_3662_zpsbwvzjx7r.jpg

This is my final try at making this work....

some sanding later...

IMG_3663_zps6whtepe5.jpg

Decided to throw some primer on the fuselage to see how bad it looks...but it´s actually looking alright, still a bit of work to do but the steps are all gone
and it´s most detail work that needs to be done.

IMG_3664_zpspltqudf7.jpg

IMG_3665_zps9vkknlpp.jpg

Back to the windshield...

I got fed up with sanding so I took some ceramic compound and fueled up The Dremel!

IMG_3666_zpsidbnkejj.jpg

Hmmm...

IMG_3666_zpsidbnkejj.jpg

After a dip in future...well I´ll live with that.

IMG_3668_zps8gidbhcr.jpg

Cheers!

Janne,

Welcome back, and I'm glad to see that the A6-E is still alive and progressing.  Once you primed it, one can really see the progress you've made, I have high hopes that it will cross the finished line. How do you keep on getting all that glue on the windshield?
But a nice save for sure. 

Joel

Great to see you back at this, Janne!  Awesome job!  Question -- where you putty the seams -- such as the top of the radome -- do you go back and rescribe them?    Rescribing putty is my biggest pet peeve right now as my results are never predictable.

1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

Welcome back, and I'm glad to see that the A6-E is still alive and progressing.  Once you primed it, one can really see the progress you've made, I have high hopes that it will cross the finished line. How do you keep on getting all that glue on the windshield?
But a nice save for sure. 

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

The windshield is two parts and I suffered some overflow of glue when I glued it together, first time I broke  the windshield to repair it,  then I managed to glue it wrong so I had to break the parts again,  and then I spilled glue the third time round....I kind of lost my wind a bit.

4 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Great to see you back at this, Janne!  Awesome job!  Question -- where you putty the seams -- such as the top of the radome -- do you go back and rescribe them?    Rescribing putty is my biggest pet peeve right now as my results are never predictable.

Thanx crackerjazz :D

Yup, it is a major PITA scribing putty but if you are carefull with a tamyia scriber and  no preassure you can manage decent lines with many light pulls.

38 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Thanx crackerjazz :D

Yup, it is a major PITA scribing putty but if you are carefull with a tamyia scriber and  no preassure you can manage decent lines with many light pulls.

I tried a drafting pencil with a super fine point to represent a scribed line after watching Paul Budzik's scribing video. I did work, and is a lot easier then scribing in tough spots.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
6 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Thanks, Janne!   Yeah, I need more practice giving just the right pressure.   Hey cool idea, Joel ---  a few pencilled-in lines should blend in among the real ones.  Thanks for the tip!

Crackerjazz,

It's pretty easy to fool one's eye.

Joel

On 2018-01-06 at 12:10 PM, kurnass77 said:

Hate when this kind of mishaps happened mate...but you can solve with your skills,I'm sure.

Gianni

Thanx Gianni :D

I´ll make look alright at least :D

On 2018-01-07 at 10:15 PM, Sebastijan said:

Easier to remove that glue spill than that scratch on your Merc. Keep up the good work!

Thanx mate :D

Ouch, don´t remind me of the damage....going to be expensive :(

On 2018-01-12 at 8:33 AM, Major Walt said:

Good body work! Puttying and sanding is always a challenge and difficult to get right. Looking good 

Thanx Major Walt :D

Indeed, and boring!

Fed up with sanding and filling I decided to get the windscreen done!

I have Eduard masks for the canopy but I´ll be using them on the inside and  use orinaru kabuki tape on the outside, where it´s easier to cut with a knife.

So, said and done... the outside faces masked. :D

IMG_3669_zpsc1521qxf.jpg

And then for the inside, here it is simple to just pop in the eduard masks and try to make them match the outline.

IMG_3670_zpsjbbkziml.jpg

Done...

IMG_3671_zpshx0kolx2.jpg

Then some flat black on the inside.

IMG_3672_zpsypqnyvik.jpg

And unmasked it looks alright.

IMG_3673_zps3pvpfxj8.jpg

Next I glued it in to the airframe....some nasty gaps I´ll have to deal with but what else is new with this kit :P

IMG_3674_zpsth42kk8h.jpg

The pilot´s view :D

IMG_3675_zpsn4jcvwll.jpg

Cheers!

Janne,

Happy New Years from my side of the pond. 

Glad to see that you posted an update. the windshield looks great. I'd say you beat that glue stain into submission.  I never thought about using Eduard masks for the inside of the canopy and windscreens, but it's an option I'll need down the road.

Joel