1 hour ago, my favs are F`s said:

Pretty contrasting that black nose :) :thumbsup: Looks nice!

Thanx MFF  :D

I'm not convinced by the shape of it though....makes me think of Gonzo from the Muppet Show :P

4 hours ago, Aigore said:

Well it mostly to get rid of most of the excess putty....using 320  sanding forever :P

Sanding softly with 120 and 180 doesn't create that deep scratches if you are careful...and well, lost details can be replaced :D

Janne,

I see. The biggest difference is that you have a soft touch, and I really don't. Hence, the limits I put on what I can and can't use. 

Jeo

8 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

I see. The biggest difference is that you have a soft touch, and I really don't. Hence, the limits I put on what I can and can't use. 

Jeo

Could be...as shown in the pics I never sanded through the layers of primer even with the coarsest sandpaper

Finally my friend!!!!:woo:

I probably missed it,but what markings will receive your baby?

Also,no anti-glare shield or only little different from the nose to be applied later?

Looking at your build,is easily understandable the crews' concern that the black nose easy the life of Viet AAA gunners...

Gianni

31 minutes ago, kurnass77 said:

Finally my friend!!!!:woo:

I probably missed it,but what markings will receive your baby?

Also,no anti-glare shield or only little different from the nose to be applied later?

Looking at your build,is easily understandable the crews' concern that the black nose easy the life of Viet AAA gunners...

Gianni

Thanx Gianni :D

It's going to be a VA-35 bird from the Enterprise cruise 67-68.

Indeed the anti-glare will be flat black and I'm not all clear on how it looks yet so I'm leaving it for later.

A small update today too…

Painting continues, now it´s time for red…and knowing how well red creeps into everything I masked to cover every eventuality :P

IMG_3751_zpsgmbuik8e.jpg

Crossing my fingers for minimal overspray!

IMG_3752_zpsk7mxh6oj.jpg

Ok I´m happy with that…managed to put my red thumb here and there so a bit of bettering is needed on details but on the whole it´s good.

IMG_3753_zps3nqkeyrd.jpg

A bit of dryfitting…

IMG_3754_zpscp4fnzi6.jpg

And now for the glare shield….think I have it down.

IMG_3755_zps5je8tupl.jpg

There…

IMG_3756_zps71zxrsyl.jpg

Next I´ll mask for more small details in black.

Cheers!

Got a little update for you, a small one...

Checking drwings I of course realised that I had a composite E wing on my Intruder.. I should have known better and this is where I should turn green
and toss things around but no, oh well I´ll make the wing a bit A-ish that will have to do.

I pulled a few panellines that are almost but not entirely inacurate but it gives an illusion of being an A.

IMG_3757_zpslnqmxanj.jpg

Same on the tail...I pulled a few lines and it just have to do.

IMG_3758_zpsu6vfjwl8.jpg

Then I masked for the corogard.

IMG_3759_zpsjlzbw2pq.jpg

Put down a grey alclad primer base and then Alclad white aluminium on top...it´ll be less hiny with clear coats and all.

IMG_3760_zpshocverqm.jpg

There are differences between the refs and the paint guide regarding how the corogard is applied...acording to refs there should be corogard all the way across the fillet by the wing root
but not acording ly to the paint guide...those early A´s sure are tricky!.

IMG_3761_zpswgjrq2u4.jpg

Next I masked for the black strip on top of the fin...suppose it´s the UHF antenna in there

IMG_3762_zpskqhnc24i.jpg

like so..

IMG_3765_zpscugjoqcx.jpg

I´v e started masking the air inlet lips...really hate masking inside airducts!

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow some tough work with all the masking but the results sure are worth it. Good job and it looks great. Some great tips in this build fo when I get around to my A-6.

Thanx Chris :D

Janne,

I'm a little confused with the wing issue. You're building a A, and the kit is combination A/E, so the wing is more of an E then a A, but not either? That truly sucks. So the new panels lines brings it more in line with a A then a E.  The Tail Corogard came out perfect. As for painting inside of the exhausts. I had to do that with my 1/32 scale  A4-E  and it wasn't any fun. So I know your pain and frustration in having to go that route.

Joel

10 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

I'm a little confused with the wing issue. You're building a A, and the kit is combination A/E, so the wing is more of an E then a A, but not either? That truly sucks. So the new panels lines brings it more in line with a A then a E.  The Tail Corogard came out perfect. As for painting inside of the exhausts. I had to do that with my 1/32 scale  A4-E  and it wasn't any fun. So I know your pain and frustration in having to go that route.

Joel

To tell the truth, I can't see how you can make an A out of the Kinetic kit without much of the same backdating I have done...certainly not out of the box since it only has the composite E wing and the tail fin is nowhere close to an A.

I'm making do...

I'm too stubborn and pigheaded too let it stop me now....I'm steam rolling this kit! :P

Edited by Aigore
13 minutes ago, Aigore said:

To tell the truth, I can't see how you can make an A out of the Kinetic kit without much of the same backdating I have done...certainly not out of the box since it only has the composite E wing and the tail fin is nowhere close to an A.

I'm making do...

I'm too stubborn and pigheaded too let it stop me now....I'm steam rolling this kit! :P

Janne,

This is one of the reason I always think twice before buying a kit that can be built as more then one version unless it's just different parts supplied in the box, and the few trusted reviews I read didn't find any major issues.

Joel

I don't know what's your excuse, but I still have this infantile habit, where I basically never read through the instructions before I start a new project. It probably comes from when I was kid and didn't want to look too far ahead and find out of all the exciting stages beforehand! 

Although it clearly has it's dangers, I still do it. 😳