23 minutes ago, janman said:

I don't know what's your excuse, but I still have this infantile habit, where I basically never read through the instructions before I start a new project. It probably comes from when I was kid and didn't want to look too far ahead and find out of all the exciting stages beforehand! 

Although it clearly has it's dangers, I still do it. 😳

LOL indeed, then changing the version of the jet you are building AFTER you already put it together has it's drawbacks too :P

Reading instruction sheets are for wusses..real men improvise, adapts and overcome!

One step forward one step back...

Painted the arrestor hook...all´s well

IMG_3766_zpspzionflk.jpg

Now the arrestor hook housing on the other hand...it´s wrong, all wrong and nowhere near an early A...so

IMG_3767_zpsybfcmr6x.jpg

Made templates for the covers that the early A had...

IMG_3768_zpsurannpnj.jpg

Put it down like so...

IMG_3769_zpssogcpi2c.jpg

And then I added more plasticard.

IMG_3770_zpsoeeiyd5n.jpg

MAsked it up...

IMG_3771_zpsjc9tuhtx.jpg

And layed down the putty thick!

IMG_3772_zpsvxtafc0e.jpg

Nice green cake on top of the arrestor hook :P

IMG_3773_zpsdqlxvdea.jpg

Sanded...

IMG_3774_zpszuuiwx9s.jpg

Primed..

IMG_3775_zpslas5tyfs.jpg

And smeared on more putty to cover defects.

IMG_3776_zps07fsbou2.jpg

Thought I´d putty ohter defects while I was at it :P

IMG_3777_zps5ji1bmy6.jpg

IMG_3778_zpsck2fyzbb.jpg

We´ll with all the putty drying I continued with my side project...you´ll see it when it´s done :P

IMG_3779_zps9q7xbj6v.jpg

Cheers!!

On 15.3.2018 at 3:27 PM, Aigore said:

Now where's that Raiders of the Lost Ark meme where the Nazi screams and melts down after seeing something horrible...😁

Edited by janman
3 minutes ago, janman said:

Now where's that Raiders of the Lost Ark meme where the Nazi screams and melts down after seeing something horrible...😁

LOL 

There there, it'll be alright in the end ...

Fun thing, I'm considering burning my Kinetics Prowler....

Janne,

Your fortitude in correcting all the issues that Kinetic just let slide for the sake of marketing one boxing to cover two variants has surpassed anything I would have, or could have done a long time ago.  You would have thought that at the very least they would have molded an insert to make the correction that much easier.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joel

10 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

Your fortitude in correcting all the issues that Kinetic just let slide for the sake of marketing one boxing to cover two variants has surpassed anything I would have, or could have done a long time ago.  You would have thought that at the very least they would have molded an insert to make the correction that much easier.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joel

This is on me really for following tne instruction sheet to build an E.... there is an A-ish arrestor hook housing I just didn't use it :P

How would I known I wanted an A in the end...and an early one at that. Goes to show that it is never too late to change your mind about anything :P

Gee I'm stubborn

1 hour ago, Aigore said:

This is on me really for following tne instruction sheet to build an E.... there is an A-ish arrestor hook housing I just didn't use it :P

How would I known I wanted an A in the end...and an early one at that. Goes to show that it is never too late to change your mind about anything :P

Gee I'm stubborn

Janne,

No matter. You've still done an incredible amount of corrections to make the conversion back to an A, look like an A. 

Joel

9 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

No matter. You've still done an incredible amount of corrections to make the conversion back to an A, look like an A. 

Joel

Thanx Joel, you get me :D

A teeny tiny update...

At least I´m getting up to par :P

I pulled panellines on the arrestor hook housing...there will be some antennas and stuff there too later.

IMG_3781_zpseaykprik.jpg

Painted and unmasked...

IMG_3782_zps6ychvk6d.jpg

Took care of those spots as well...primed and repainted :D

IMG_3783_zps681i14ky.jpg

And the tail...

IMG_3785_zpskukberes.jpg

Painted the fuselage airbrakes in Alclad Magnesium.

IMG_3786_zps8xip4li8.jpg

Next the exhausts and then those pesky airintakes...I hate masking inside airintakes!

Cheers!

Janne,

The Arrestor hook cover looks really good, as does the air brakes in the Alcad Magnesium. Looking forward to not only seeing your painted air intakes,  but your commentary should be most entertaining.

Joel

6 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

The Arrestor hook cover looks really good, as does the air brakes in the Alcad Magnesium. Looking forward to not only seeing your painted air intakes,  but your commentary should be most entertaining.

Joel

Thanx mate :D

Well that commentary wouldn't be fit for innocent eyes....frick darn heck shoot!