4 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Looking great and coming down to the end. Loving the progress. A quick word on the painting- these jets took a. Massive weathering beating on cruise. White paint on a carrier deck I wartime. You could go nuts and still be underweathered. 

Make want to check the mirrors. I believe they go on the Cabot, not the windscreen. But if you're closing the canopy, it won't make much difference. 

Congrats. Can't wait to see the final!

brian 

Thanx for the save on the mirrors, that is what you get for following the instruction sheet...darn Kinetic and their instructions!

Looks like there should be handhelds on the wind screen and the mirrors go on the cabot.

Great thanx , Brian :)

Had 3 models sent off to Stockholm for the 08-Open; VF-1 wolfpack Tomcat got a honorary mention, Uzbek MiG-29 got a Special honorary mention and my VA-37 Bulls Corsair II got a honorary mention :)

So 3 out of 3 got a prize...yay!

8 hours ago, Aigore said:

Had 3 models sent off to Stockholm for the 08-Open; VF-1 wolfpack Tomcat got a honorary mention, Uzbek MiG-29 got a Special honorary mention and my VA-37 Bulls Corsair II got a honorary mention :)

So 3 out of 3 got a prize...yay!

Janne,

WTG buddy.

Going to the Noreastcon at the end of the month. I'm not expecting to come home with anything but memories from a good time with some friends I haven't seen in years. Juts looking to be competitive, and I'll consider that a success. 

Joel

1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

WTG buddy.

Going to the Noreastcon at the end of the month. I'm not expecting to come home with anything but memories from a good time with some friends I haven't seen in years. Juts looking to be competitive, and I'll consider that a success. 

Joel

Thanx :D

Enjoy and have fun :D

Moving along....

Painted the tail position light.

IMG_3870_zps0atzyrnr.jpg

Moved the mirrors from the windscreen to the canopy frame (Thanx again Brian)

IMG_3871_zpsekea8puj.jpg

Glued the pitot tube in place....now the tail is done.

IMG_3872_zpshf72dbvv.jpg

Added some handholds from lead wire into the windscreen frame.

IMG_3874_zpsojdcqvcg.jpg

Finished the wireing in the MLG bay doors..

IMG_3875_zpsocsuptlb.jpg

Found out that I had lost one MLG bay door actuator....cleared the hobby room and could not find..so

IMG_3876_zpsnxhnu9lr.jpg

..I stole one from my Prowler kit.

IMG_3877_zpsn3bc6nil.jpg

The doors painted, washed and flat coated.

IMG_3878_zpsjyzpyac9.jpg

And then I glued the doors into place.

IMG_3879_zpsnsrycwmn.jpg

IMG_3880_zps9nasgatc.jpg

My Photo set up...

IMG_3881_zpsfdbjwqnx.jpg

Only the laddders are missing now...well and the ordonance :D

IMG_3882_zpsx1b2wra9.jpg

IMG_3883_zpszlod3pye.jpg

IMG_3884_zpsrexyik8j.jpg

Cheers!

Janne,

You've taken  a true "dog" of a kit, and turned it into a pure Pedigree. She's not looking good, she's looking G R E A T !! Really looking forward to your next update with the loads on.

BTW, how do you plan on replacing that missing actuator that you stole from the Prowler kit?  Not so sure that Kinetic will replace it.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

You've taken  a true "dog" of a kit, and turned it into pure Pedigree. She's not looking good, she's looking G R E A T !! Really looking forward to your next update with the loads on.

BTW, how do you plan on replacing that missing actuator that you stole from the Prowler kit?  Not so sure that Kinetic will replace it.

Joel

Thanx mate :D

No ordonance in the next update....I'm in the middle of dremeling  the boarding ladders smooth and scratch them up to snuff :P

Well I guess if and when I start on the Prosper I will scratch both actuators to make them symmtric  :D

All aboard..

The boarding ladders in the kit were far to simplistic compared to the level of detail I´ve brought to the kit..sooo I´ll have to enhance them.

First off some hard core Dremeling with The Dremel! took off all details and left only the thin outer ladder door.

IMG_3885_zpsh3bg5ftv.jpg

Then I dremeled grooves at the edges for fitting the ladder frames.

IMG_3886_zps5xavgpsc.jpg

Like so...

IMG_3887_zpsbuchrhx2.jpg

Then I use the edge of the ladder door as a template and drew the ladder frames onto plasticard.

IMG_3888_zps6umffg6t.jpg

Cut out..

IMG_3889_zpsjytvda4o.jpg

Dremeled them symetric...

IMG_3890_zpsbsewpaj3.jpg

And discarded them...the curvature are different on the forward edge than the rear edge so I had to make 2 forward frames and two rear frames :P

IMG_3891_zpslvyrdtlk.jpg

Oh and I´m swimming in snakes, MERs,Rockeyes and Mavericks :P...wohoo!

IMG_3892_zps0p3sv7wy.jpg

A little special on getting things the same length....I need piano wire pieces that are 4.5mm long and I need 6 of them!
So I cut the end of a toothpick...drilled a 4.5mm long hole in it.

IMG_3893_zpsnaiotkhq.jpg

Stuck some wire into the hole.

IMG_3894_zpsoi0j8q36.jpg

And cut...the piano wire cutter can´t cut  along the edge of the toothpick so it is a bit too long.

IMG_3895_zpszanrtitc.jpg

No worries, I use the toothpick as a handle and a cutting disc on my Dremel and simply sand it down.

IMG_3896_zpsn7enqyhp.jpg

And there I have 6 pieces of piano wire that are the same lentght to the tenth of a milimeter.

IMG_3897_zps0vn4nidi.jpg

I drilled holes the ladder frames and stuck the wire through...

IMG_3898_zpstde6rawg.jpg

Next I needed to do some lightening holes....but drilling wasn´t the answer, I need a punch `n dye set...since I don´t have one I will have to borrow one  :P

IMG_3899_zpsuqg05non.jpg

Anyways, I´m not getting any further today :P

cheers!

2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Janne,

Detailing to the nth degree.

Of all things not to own for a detailer: a good Punch and die set. UMM has two really good sets. I've had mine for years.  

Joel

Always gotten by anyway, you know :P

23 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Looking forward to your progress on the boarding ladder. Hopefully you can find really small punches.

I've sniffed up a set already....just need to get it to my hobby room :P

I should really buy me a set but they are costly ...

I might get on with the ordonance for now :)

1 hour ago, Aigore said:

I've sniffed up a set already....just need to get it to my hobby room :P

I should really buy me a set but they are costly ...

I might get on with the ordonance for now :)

Janne,

I should talk. My Dremmel died a few years ago, and I still haven't replaced it. Even thought about a Generic brand, but I've become a world class champ at procrastination.

Joel