F-5F Tiger II ("MiG-28") in 1:72 by Italeri

This little germ was a project I did while relaxing between two more complex kits. I have to say that this model is not a master-piece, mainly because it's not up to date when compared with todays kits. But since it's the only kit in town for a two-seater F-5 thatś available in the stores I gave it a go.

55n1D7k.jpg

The kit is fast and easy assembled, with the missing cockpit-details beeing one reason for a quick progress. Since this was intended to be completed in short time, I didn't bothered too much about that.

I only added two pilot figures:

piQ4j8A.jpg

On the picture above you can see another shortcoming of this kit: The decals are a slightly bit off (see the triangle), which is a real shame since the decals itself and the markings they provide are really nice! Especially the many and colourful Aggressor-versions!

LHOHOoY.jpg

I have chosen the black "MiG-28"-markings for my F-5F since I hope that one fine day another manufacturer will produce a "F" and then I`ll have nice Aggressor-markings in my stash waiting.

6jGtwyw.jpg

All problems aside this bird still looks good and should be placed directly alongside a F-14 when displayed! ;)

Ep26U83.jpg

HAJO

• 4 weeks later...