1/32 Moebius BSG Colonial Viper Mk II

I built this for a friend who is a fan of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series. My first Sci-Fi kit in an insanely long time, and come to think of it, the first kit I've actually completed in a number of years. I tried a few new to me techniques for this one, adding physical scratches to the paint, weathering with an airbrush etc. I also used Mr. Surfacer 500 for the first time, in addition to my usual Tamiya putty, and liked the Mr. Surfacer so much I bought a second jar. For aftermarket, I used the Green Strawberry photo etch set, which led to some fitment issues with the canopy, nothing a little fiddling didn't cure. The decals are aftermarket by JT Graphics and they were pretty decent. The sharkmouth was from the FCM 1/72 F-14A Sundowners sheet, that was added at the request of my friend. I also added her name and nickname (Long story.) to the model. All in all about two months of work, and I'm pretty happy with the results. Enjoy the pics.

Port

Starboard

Right Front

Left Rear

Port Engine

Front Left

Name removed for security purposes. 

Nameplate_LI

Rear Engine Bay

Pilot

Edited by shake zula the mic rula
  • 4 weeks later...