Crackerjazz,

the front gear well really looks good. Sorry that the fit has so many issues.  I've shied away from Kinetic kits after one attempt, and just never got up the nerve to try again. And the killer for me is that so many of their naval aircraft subjects are only ones available in 1/48 scale. Will have to bite the bullet sooner then later as Grumman aircraft are my 1st modeling interest.

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Gianni for the positive feedback!

Well I had quite a lot of progress last weekend - got the resin intakes and exhaust installed, the fuselage was all closed up (right, left and bottom sections,) wings glued on, seams cleaned up etc.... then I dropped it:

JpsZlmxh.jpg

Edited by Petrov27

So after turning the air blue with swearing and scaring my dog with that, I resisted the urge to throw the thing across the wall and took a break.

Tonight I got it sorted back out as in the below pic. I still need to invest in some sorta flooring that not only resists carpet monster issues but also is cushioned - my numb fingers are really proving to be problematic. I have seen some rubber flooring tiles intended I think for workout or playroom areas - might have to invest in some of that....

Md7QmZch.jpg

1 minute ago, Joel_W said:

Luckily it looks fixable as though you never installed the wing in the 1st place. 

Joel

Yep :)

You musta posted while I was doing my second entry - you are right, it was a lucky break (har har) and the wing fit back on there pretty cleanly aside from having to remove and clean up the underside wing root putty and redo some of that....

Really steaming ahead! Great work! About finding small stuff dropped on the floor....vacuum cleaner with a lady sock over the business end..picks up everything without them disappearing into the depths of the vaccum cleaner.

Thanks man - this kit has its challenges! I shall have to try to do that trick with the vacuum - I already have to fish out one of the boarding steps from the vac bag here this evening which I am not looking forward to at all - that sock trick would work much better I think :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Daniel Cagnacci said:

Hi Petrov,

How did you solve the windshield issue? Is impossible to put them together!

Having built the same kit at the same time as Petrov I can tell that the windshield was horrible!

Think I had to redo he windscreen 3 times, I think white glue is the way since its a bit flexible when dry.

I used TET and that made the seam too brittle.