7 hours ago, Aigore said:

The wheelbay looks lightyears better than before!. How did you get the wing to fit so well?

I'm a bit stuck....i'm waiting for parts to arrive, the exhausts, cockpit, wheels and other stuff.

I can't put the wings in place as long as I don't have the exhausts for instance :/

In the mean time I'm enjoying your fantastic build!

Thanks man! Yeah the wing fit it flat out terrible out of the box - had to remove quite a lot of plastic from that sorta triangular forward bulge forward of the wheel bay. Its not exactly pretty but it worked out 

3 hours ago, Aigore said:

ROFLMAO

The kit is baptised in blood....a bloody model! Probably possessed by now :P

The well looks fine tho :)

Thanks man - yeah fresh X-Acto blade and trimming resin to fit is dangerous - split my thumb pretty good.

I do think the kit may be possessed already - so much work so far, but admittedly adding the resin aftermarket has complicated things. I am really close to being able to try to close the fuselage up though - just gotta finish the second wheel bay and tweak the fit of the exhaust pipe to fit better on this fuselage half....

• 2 weeks later...

Ha - thanks man - I did fix the mess I made of the exhaust area (melted it with my dremel) and have some progress on the second wheel well - if I can wrap up the well I should be able to close up the fuselage - maybe this weekend (tomorrow is chemotherapy day so not typically in a good state to work on models :P )

12 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Ha - thanks man - I did fix the mess I made of the exhaust area (melted it with my dremel) and have some progress on the second wheel well - if I can wrap up the well I should be able to close up the fuselage - maybe this weekend (tomorrow is chemotherapy day so not typically in a good state to work on models :P )

Ouch sounds really bad :( Hang in there!

Thanks all - yeah chemo is a real PITA but now through 8 of 12 sessions so on the downward leg hopefully.

Did get some work done this morning on the Intruder - wheel bays done enough to attach the 2nd wing and have committed to gluing the fuselage halves together partially. Started at the nose as I had a pretty rough fit here but I do kinda like that the join line is not on the nose-cone panel line so I can fill and sand with abandon without having to re-scribe that bit...

3JMhq1l.jpg

Hi Patrick

Awesome work on the A6: the front office looks amazing as well as the exhausts and intakes. A pleasure to follow your thread and glad I found you on ARC.

I've started working in 48th scale myself again after a steady diet of large scale for countless years. So very glad to know your doing well on the chemmo and responding to it so very well. 

I'll be starting a build thread myself next week with 48th scale HB F-14A and pretty much following your lead of lots of AM kicking up the details

Keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

Peter

Petrov27,

Just found your build by following Janne's build. Two for the price of one.  I'm really impressed how you got the Pit to fit and it looks great painted and weathered.  Outstanding job on the Wheel wells, as the AM replacements look so much better.

Joel

Petrov27

Thanks for the kind comments Janne/Peter/Joel! Peter; yeah I had been doing 1/32 but the jet projects just seemed too big and hard to finish for me so I downsized and traded most of my 1/32 jet kit collection for 1/48.

Not much progress the last two days - I am in my post chemo sleep mode - I get extreme fatigue right after the treatment ends then spend at least a couple days sleeping - its weird and kinda frustrating to be so dang tired but I guess there are worse possible side effects so I try to remain positive!

On the intruder I did tackle the front windscreen - the fit is a mess - I think there is a bit of miss-moulding going on with my copy. Also wow I wish that they had cast the clear part in one piece - hate joining clear parts together :P

8 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Thanks for the kind comments Janne/Peter/Joel! Peter; yeah I had been doing 1/32 but the jet projects just seemed too big and hard to finish for me so I downsized and traded most of my 1/32 jet kit collection for 1/48.

Not much progress the last two days - I am in my post chemo sleep mode - I get extreme fatigue right after the treatment ends then spend at least a couple days sleeping - its weird and kinda frustrating to be so dang tired but I guess there are worse possible side effects so I try to remain positive!

On the intruder I did tackle the front windscreen - the fit is a mess - I think there is a bit of miss-moulding going on with my copy. Also wow I wish that they had cast the clear part in one piece - hate joining clear parts together :P

Indeed, that screen is a pain ....

You take care of yourself mate!

• 4 weeks later...

Heya - thank y'all for the kind comments! My chemo hit me with a new side effect of hand/finger numbness so not a lot of modeling going on the last month - dropping stuff left and right - spent more time on the floor looking for parts vs actual building lol.

Still managed to get the intake trunks masked - wow what a giant PITA that was - but it mostly worked as in pics below. Trying now to get the resin intakes, cockpit , exhaust tubes and the wolfpack resin front wheel bay all finally glued in and aligned properly - not 100% sure that is going to succeed. Already used my dremel more on this assembly than on any previous project!

UtcROEx.jpg

Qkyyshr.jpg

Edited by Petrov27

Petrov,

Now that's a very impressive masking effort. I struggled with the intakes on both my A-4s and one was in 1/32. Just a really confined space that's hard to work in.  

Sorry to hear about the latest issues with your chemo. But the end results will make all of it well worth it.

joel

WOW, they look great, nice work.

Very sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope the treatments help and everything works out in the end for you, stay strong, we're all pulling for you.

Steve

Thanks for the positive feedback and kind comments!

I continue to struggle with finger numbness due to treatment - has anyone here a similar condition and found a solution to finding dropping items? I was thinking maybe placing a black sheet or mat under my work area so I could find lighter colored plastic parts - the current beige carpet eats parts like nothing. I do not even bother looking for small parts any more as it is so frustrating - I just vacuum the entire area then dump out the collection cup and sort thru the crap to find the part. This is not terribly enjoyable though.

Anyhow - I continue with the build - the fit of the front wheelbay is pretty poor - both the kit parts and the Wolfpack aftermarket resin bay leave substantial gaps. Anyway, the Wolfpack set at least looks nice. I also ave a set of nice G-Factor brass gear and at least that fits almost perfect to the Wolfpack bay with just some minor adjustments:

1uDvzED.jpg

Edited by Petrov27

Looking really good. For the dropped parts, I use 3M’s spray glue. Comes in a spray can. I lightly spray a scrap A4 sized paper and dab the crime scene several times with that paper. It is remarkably effective in picking up all kinds of stuff (dog hair, lint, dust) but it almost always picks up the part that I dropped. The success rate is about 95% I’d say. 

Edited by Janissary