Wow Mirage F1 may fly in the US. Canada maybe?

Saw this article and thought it was an interesting development. I live in Canada so maybe I may get to see Mirage F1s flying with the Alpha Jets that already fly out of CFB Cold Lake. I believe the company is called Top Aces but may have changed to being run by CAE? I think they also used to fly Hawker Hunters in a funky grey/dark grey camo with Maple Leaves on the tail.

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.blogspot.ca/2017/06/france-may-sell-64-old-mirage-f1.html

Anyway good for us who like to model something a bit different.

Top Aces is Discovery Air. They fly Alpha Jets and A-4Ns. They are not part of CAE.

ATAC and Draken are not affiliated to the above. They also have Alpha Jets but they fly the A-4K. They have other aircraft too.

We had F-1s at a Maple Flag,

Thanks Gary. I got all mixed up. I know CAE is taking over from Bombardier and I believe they are now going to be taking care of the Hawks with 419 Sqn. I know ATAC and Draken are normally in Europe but was wondering if Discovery Air may be thinking of this too.

So those Mirage F1s at Maple Flag belonged to who? I thought France stopped flaying those years ago?

On 8/30/2017 at 7:33 AM, skyhawk174 said:

Thanks Gary. I got all mixed up. I know CAE is taking over from Bombardier and I believe they are now going to be taking care of the Hawks with 419 Sqn. I know ATAC and Draken are normally in Europe but was wondering if Discovery Air may be thinking of this too.

So those Mirage F1s at Maple Flag belonged to who? I thought France stopped flaying those years ago?

Textron has purchased ATAC, who mostly support the USN across both coasts and even as far as Hawaii. They fly the Kfir, Hunter and L-39. At one time, they owned ex-ATSI A-4Ns but they appear to have changed hands again. I think these are the Discovery Skyhawks over in Europe you are thinking of. BAe had A-4s also.

Draken Intl have a very LARGE Florida based adversary force of ex NZ A-4Ks, Mb-339, L-39/139s and apparently MiG-21s. They also send a few jets over seas to support customers. Draken mentioned that they are trying to acquire F-16s, however nothing substantial has been reported. 

As far as the Mirages, both Textron/ATAC and Draken have expressed interest.