Anyone know what the blue-gray color is that is used on the belly of the VMA-231 CAG bird?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Marines/McDonnell-Douglas-AV-8B-Harrier-II/4019149/L?qsp=eJwtjUsOwjAMRO/iNZvyyaK7cgFYcAHLGZVIoYlsI1FVvTshYjd68zSzkZTF8fHHWkEjGVjlSQeqrPwyGjdSzMlc2VNZJvE35%2BYN4XwJx%2BZZUb%2BujUR2TCKojvjnN43QXwWTPjm3i6EF6L1nOoXGY7KauW/AOWXa9y8rKzHQ

The tanks appear to be the same bluish-gray (though lighter/faded), while the Sidewinder rail seems to be the standard light gray from the older AV-8B scheme (FS 36320)  The belly gray has a much bluer appearance than 36320.  The rear ventral fin under the tail is a good place to see it.  Looks like the forward skin panel on the lower fin was replaced with one from a "standard" colors jet, while the rear portion is original to this repaint.  Also, is the upper surface color standard FS 36118?

Great to see colorful schemes!

It is FS35237 and the upper color is 36118. I know it is 'nitpickling', but that is not a "CAG" bird..........the Marine Corps doesn't call them CAG birds, we simply call them Command or Color Jets. :)

• 757flyer changed the title to VMA-231 Command Bird

Thanks, I hope you realized I was just giving you a hard time. Oh, and for what it's worth, that aircraft may be on a Flying Leathernecks Decal sheet that I'm working on.

Edited by Dave Roof