Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D as FG-1D

Hey ARC,

Here's the second installment of my Pacific Warriors mini group build. (You can see Part 1 here.) It's Tamiya's jewel built as a FG-1D using the old Superscale decal sheet. The decals are supposed to represent Lt. Col. Donald Yost's plane, but the markings don't seem to be accurate. Still, I used the decals to build my kit. I used the decals to create some masks and painted on the stripes and squadron markings. The national insignias are actually the decals from the sheet. Aside from resin wheels, seat, and flaps, the plastic is out of the box. The only modifications I made were to create a new light for the spine, new wingtip lights, and a new light for the tip of the tail. Everything's painted with Testors and MM enamels and weathered with pastels and Flory washes.

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. I didn't shoot as many as my Hellcat because it was tough to photograph with the folded wings blocking a lot of the view and light. Still, here you go...

hZzhBxw.jpg

RaqpdhM.jpg

6uu7UtH.jpg

ArCQlIw.jpg

ZJKfcY1.jpg

hQpk7wS.jpg

vir8v7g.jpg

Oe4yPP5.jpg

I'm happy with another solid 3-footer to add to my collection. Thanks for looking! Feel free to question, comment, or criticize. Your feedback is welcome. 

Cheers!

-O

Edited by oortiz10
Repair of broken photo link