• 2 months later...

Kursad, An all black C-119L of W.Va ANG 130th SOS would be nice as would a straight or Aeromedical transport or Special Operations C-119L in white over aircraft gray or n.metal of any number of units (California, Rhode Island, RI #2, RI #3, Wyoming, W.Va #1, W.Va #2, New York, AFRES). I would love to see a USMC R4Q-2/C-119F in VMGR-352 markings.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
added link.
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Perhaps the c-119 corona recovery birds ?

Engineman & Brother Don,

The Corona recovery birds were C-119Js with the "Beaver Tail." That will require a major modification, but doable as it only requires scratching a new rear ramp. The rest of the aircraft can be built "as is."  It would be interesting,  nevertheless. 

K/r, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

This could be a rather large and very interesting sheet as there are a number of subjects from the AC-119 up

My decal sheet will only cover six or seven options for  C-119 transporters.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Paul, I just googled "Fairchild C-119J beaver tail" and it was one of the first images to pop-up.  It is listed under "STLfinder."  Here is the link to the STLFinder site, however, it now says unavailable.  If you click the download link it takes you to the Shapeways page that returns error 404!  Mega bummer!  I tried clicking the download the 3D file for printing at home and it doesn't work!  Argh!  My sincere apologies for not clicking through to determine availability.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
21 hours ago, Dutch said:

and 3-D printed version.

3d_C-119L.JPG.7762445a0f8cc28836f0bbc7e7246b7e.JPG

It's a shame. This looks like a really nice moulding.  Surely someone knows something about it.  I have forwarded this to the Prop thread.

Edited by Dutch