Maintenance Control: What are your build plans

Three Monogram 1/72 Boeing F4B-4s:- VF-10M, 1934; VF-3B, 1933, and VF-6, 1937. Concurrently, but not officially part of group build, two more 1/72 F4Bs: F4B-4, VF-9M, 1935, and conversion to F4B-3, HQ USMC. 

Upon completion of these A/C, may add additional but different aircraft depending on build-qualifications for squadrons. For aircraft, 'tween the wars is my favorite time period.

3 hours ago, SAU said:

Hasegawa/Sky Models 1/72 F4U-1 VMF-225

Hasegawa/Hi-Decal 1/72 F/A-18D VMFA(AW)-225

Hi SAU.

Unfortunately VMF-225 - VMFA(AW)-225 don't qualify for this GB, due to there was a 19yr break after being deactivated in 1972 only to be reactivated back in 1991- 

On 9/2/2017 at 9:23 AM, Ranger74 said:

Three Monogram 1/72 Boeing F4B-4s:- VF-10M, 1934; VF-3B, 1933, and VF-6, 1937. Concurrently, but not officially part of group build, two more 1/72 F4Bs: F4B-4, VF-9M, 1935, and conversion to F4B-3, HQ USMC. 

Upon completion of these A/C, may add additional but different aircraft depending on build-qualifications for squadrons. For aircraft, 'tween the wars is my favorite time period.

Now that our host mentioned a possible disestablished squadron GB I will hold off on the VF-9M and HQ, USMC builds until then. I have plenty more 'tweeners that might qualify for the current GB.

Well, 12 out of the first 76 of my model theme DO fit in this Group Build. So I will start with an A4D-2 from VA-83 and go from there.

I just need to find the cockpit painting guide from a WolfPak decal sheet, and then I can even do a couple of F9F Panthers in here.

OK gang,

I don't think a final decision was made regarding -115. I'm guessing since it was never disestablished, that it's good to go. If that's the case, I'd like to get in with a 1/48 F-18E.

Cheers,

-O

28 minutes ago, oortiz10 said:

OK gang,

I don't think a final decision was made regarding -115. I'm guessing since it was never disestablished, that it's good to go. If that's the case, I'd like to get in with a 1/48 F-18E.

Cheers,

-O

oortiz10

VFA-115 is good to go! They were never disestablished and from what I have been told they had a command team in place.

[Forgot to put this up before I started the build thread]

An F-4B in VMFA-251.

I'm using the Academy 1/48 F-4B with Furball USMC Rhinos  and cockpit details sheets, as well as bits from Hypersonic, XMM, and Master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...