I guess I'll kick this off. I got the obligatory Hobby Lobby Revell F/A-18e with the coupon. It has been in my stash for months, so no time like now to build it. Here's what I'll put into it, plus Steel Beach exhaust and intake covers,  and ECS pipes.

odxBlUV.jpg

And here's the bird I'll build:

JN1Elah.jpg

Edited by picknpluck

It has been a busy weekend, so not too much bench time. Plus I have some Phantoms I'm trying to finish up...anyway, I did put some work into the Super Bug: mainly surgery on the wings, but I also painted up the vertical stabs and the centerline tank.  Now I'm committed to this scheme! My goal is to decal those parts tomorrow after gloss coat has dried.

Pre-op:

MCX0ovX.jpg

Post-op:

sXiuXuc.jpg

w1FdBOw.jpg

Edited by picknpluck

I stayed up late doing decals on the tails and centerline tank last night. These Furball decals are absolutely fantastic, but they were designed for the Hasegawa kit. Revell's dimensions on the tail fins are a little different so I'll have to do a bit more paint work to get these right. 

P4IzC0f.jpg

21 hours ago, picknpluck said:

The fit is atrocious!

I agree! I'm working on the same kit and I've had a serious fill-sand-rescribe session with the nose assembly. I've started fiddling with the intakes, and it seems the fit is WORSE on my kit!

Great work on those tails. They look pretty sharp!

Cheers,

-O

• 5 weeks later...

Made it back home and got enough bench time to sand and apply more putty. I'd be pissed if an $80 kit fit this bad, but this isn't bothering me as much. Man, this group build is dead! 

8aAgrmn.jpg

SsvOIS7.jpg

Edited by picknpluck

Almost forgot!

keep up the good work on the kit! I should be able to get back on mine after Wednesday. My compressor has been down for two weeks now. Tried to repair it just to have it smoke the motor. New compressor should be here Wednesday.

Don't worry, you're not on your own there. I have issues with my build as well.

Keep hanging in there, the reward will be worth the effort that you have created so far.

2 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

It has been quite. I don’t know where everyone is. Lets spread the word

Sorry I have been busy the last couple of weeks.

1st week was work issues, second week needed a break from said work issues and  family holiday time while my kids have school holidays.