VA-192 A-4E/F Skyhawk

The Eduard release of the Hasegawa plastic is pretty great - got a couple on sale and actually it is the "deal of the day" at Sprue Bros if ya hurry.

Kit comes with great decals - really there isn't an option supplied that I would not mind building. Comes with etched bits for the cockpit, window masks and a "Brassin" seat which looks pretty good. I will add aftermarket wheels, Shrikes and wheel bays. The kit comes with a A-4F VA-192 decal option but I also have the old Victory Prod Skyhawk sheet that has the MOH aircraft flown by Michael Estocin which is tempting as well - I still have to decide which one I am gonna do:

RLT9X8W.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for positive feedback!

This build took a bit of a hit due to me dropping the model - of course it hit tile and not the carpet and the tip of the tail broke into several small parts and several of the slat rails broke or cracked :(

Anyhoo, I have tried to repair - probably gonna need more work though. For replacement slat-rails I got some fine brass strip - they should hold up well even if it gets dropped again :)

mzAqmID.jpg