Squadron from the now, back in the day of COOL planes.

VF-31 Tomcatters Phantom!!

Hasegawa 1/48 scale, decals from Areomaster. Figure I bought them new in 2003 and have sat in the stash since.

lDeGbEQ.jpg

In this photo is the really old 1/72 kit that goes bye-bye. Its actually pretty good still. But I am ditching/ giving away/ selling most of my 1/72 scale stuff.

Oh, if any one wants any 1/72 stuff...Its pickup only. I am not mailing and having things break. That, and its just too expensive to mail from Canada with all the "dead bears" at Canada Post.

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

Oh, if any one wants any 1/72 stuff...Its pickup only. I am not mailing and having things break. That, and its just too expensive to mail from Canada with all the "dead bears" at Canada Post.

Great work so far Shawn.

l would to take some off your hands... Unfortunately I'm just a bit too far away to come pick them up:angry:

5 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

Before reading your first post, when I saw the completed model I thought you were already finished.    Any way, It is fun to see you work.  What kind of putty are you using?

He will be done before the weekend is over I bet!

5 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

He will be done before the weekend is over I bet!

11 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

Before reading your first post, when I saw the completed model I thought you were already finished.    Any way, It is fun to see you work.  What kind of putty are you using?

I use the old school Testors putty and glue. Normally Model Master paints unless a weird colour is needed.

Gloss coat is on, decals after church in the morning. The truth on how I build fast.

Built THIS Hasegawa kit near 100 times now. Easy paint. simple markings. Only thing apart from the markings that is not OOB is the ejection seats.

I keep it simple.

4 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Surprise Surprise Phantom building a Phantom Looking great as usual 

Martin H

You never know what Shawn is going to build. He is all over the map with what he builds! lol

Truthfully I think as may Phantoms as he has built in his life he probably builds in his sleep!

Edited by tosouthern66

Shawn

Slow down dude it's only been 3 days in to a six month build and you are done. Very nice Shawn, I figured you would be 1st one to finish a model. Now give those Elves a break! and a beer!!

Edited by tosouthern66
  • 1 month later...