Werner's Wings UH-1D/H Decals and Resin available now

On 10/14/2017 at 6:03 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

The guy scanning the parts says they are scanned but he needs to clean them up a bit.  Then it is just a matter of printing them.  Hopefully soon

Floyd

Any update on this Floyd?  I am expecting my Eduard PE any time now and will be chomping at the bit to get started on this build.  

3 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Any update on this Floyd?  I am expecting my Eduard PE any time now and will be chomping at the bit to get started on this build.  

I did not like the way that they printed out after being scanned.  It just wasn't up to my standards.  I've asked someone to redo the parts completely in CAD.  The Ceiling scan worked great.  The other ones did not.  So we are having to redo the CAD on them.  It will take some time, unfortunately.

Floyd

5 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I did not like the way that they printed out after being scanned.  It just wasn't up to my standards.  I've asked someone to redo the parts completely in CAD.  The Ceiling scan worked great.  The other ones did not.  So we are having to redo the CAD on them.  It will take some time, unfortunately.

Floyd

I completely understand Floyd.  As I want to replicate my Dad's bird as closely as possible, I am going to wait for the set to be available before I start.  I will also be ordering the Stencils Decal sheet, even though all the exterior stencils seem to have been covered with the SEA camo paint when the unit painted the aircraft.  I am sure the interior stencils will be useful, along with the individual numbers so I can put his tail number on it.  Have you already chosen the aircraft you are going to include on the next decals sheet?  If not, I will send you some photos of some of my Dad's unit's aircraft and see if you are interested in including any of them.  They did not really do much nose art, but I have a couple pictures that show some.  

9 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Have you already chosen the aircraft you are going to include on the next decals sheet?  If not, I will send you some photos of some of my Dad's unit's aircraft and see if you are interested in including any of them.  They did not really do much nose art, but I have a couple pictures that show some.  

We have chose but nothing is finalized yet.  Send me the pics to fwernerjr@comcast.net  No promises.  This sheet is very filled.

Floyd

Again, I completely understand.  I will try to get some to you early this week.  What makes them so interesting to me are the SEA camo paint jobs, and the only thing I need to replicate that as far as decals are the tail numbers.  I believe I can cobble something together using your stencils sheet.  

2 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Again, I completely understand.  I will try to get some to you early this week.  What makes them so interesting to me are the SEA camo paint jobs, and the only thing I need to replicate that as far as decals are the tail numbers.  I believe I can cobble something together using your stencils sheet.  

I actually think we included one from your earlier posts but send what you have. You never know and unless we know about it we can't do it.
Floyd

44 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I actually think we included one from your earlier posts but send what you have. You never know and unless we know about it we can't do it.
Floyd

That would be awesome Floyd!  I will send you what I have as soon as I can.  Would it be best to email them to you or send you the link to them on Flickr?  

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Where do we purchase your goodies? Do we just email and paypal you?

Just email me at fwernerjr@comcast.net or info@wernerswings.com .  Then just tell me what you want and where you live and we can go from there.  I do take PayPal or credit card.  If you are in the US, I take checks and money orders as well.

Floyd

6 hours ago, UH-1Mad said:

Floyd - any more movement on the correction set? 

I’ve been badgering the guy who scanned it.  I wasn’t happy with what was produced.  They are now redoing it so it should be stellar. The are actually doing it in CAD insrwad if just the scan of Andrew’s parts.  I’m excited and think it will be worth the wait.  At least I hope so.  I paid enough for them.

Floyd

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 11bee said:

Just finished up the new sheet UH-1D/H Vietnam and Beyond.  We have to do some other little sheets, Task Force 160th in Gothic Serpent, provided we get the rest of the information on the Little Birds and the decals for the 1/32nd scale AH-1F.  Then we'll do the foreign Hueys.

Floyd

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Floyd, on the antenna set, how do you secure the EZ Line to the posts?

After painting the model, carefully attach the posts with a drop of superglue with the rounded part pointed to the center of the tailboom.  If they are above the centerline then point then down and if they are below point them up.  Then carefully add the white EZ Line with a single drop of superglue to the mount.  Allow it to dry and then pull it loosely taut and do it again...and again and so on.

Floyd

• 9 months later...
34 minutes ago, Starlite said:

Dear Floyd,  is there a chance you will release decals Ride of the Valkyries-UH1D in Vietnam in 1/35 for the Dragon kit or a possible future scale-up of Kitty Hawk UH-1D in 1/35?

Just as soon as Kitty Hawk releases the 1/35th scale kit I will do a 1/35th scale decal sheet.  I have to budget a run of decals as they are quite expensive to print.

Floyd

9 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Just as soon as Kitty Hawk releases the 1/35th scale kit I will do a 1/35th scale decal sheet.  I have to budget a run of decals as they are quite expensive to print.

Floyd

Is that a cryptic confirmation of the KittyHawk 1/35 kit? 🤗