Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A

Hey ARC,

This is the third and final installment of my Pacific Warriors mini group build. (If you're interested, Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here.) It's another Tamiya Corsair, but this time it's built as a generic USMC -1A. The plane number and kill markings are from my spares box. The national insignia are from the kits sheet and reacted pretty well to MicroSol and Set. Aside from resin wheels and seat, the plastic is out of the box. I did make a new light for the spine, new wingtip lights, a new light for the tip of the tail, and a new light for the top of the right wing. Everything's painted with Testors and MM enamels and weathered with pastels and Flory washes. Oh, you eagle-eyed modelers will notice that the underwing formation lights are missing. They've since been added. 

Here are a few pictures for you to view. I shot a few more than the other two builds, only because I'm pretty happy with this 3-footer. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.

ev9PUqM.jpg

QnsDzIO.jpg

0RAItT4.jpg

aPU5YoT.jpg

K9WlCru.jpg

rYzUNiA.jpg

SFFKtN2.jpg

7XSSlG3.jpg

qmnzJ7E.jpg

yQ30ZBI.jpg

dTPOJ8s.jpg

ekdDEWo.jpg

Wl7y6HB.jpg

SWuar0n.jpg

Thanks for following my mini-GB! Feel free to question, comment, or criticize. Your feedback is welcome. 

Cheers!

-O

• 2 weeks later...