This weekend my oldest daughter, Lydia came with me to her first model show...and most certainly not her last.

She was full of spunk and positive energy and charmed everyone at the event and she made her father very very proud by behaving well and being polite to everyone.

At the event we have a beginners corner, for a small fee you get a kit and can borrow tools to build your first kit and of course Lydia wanted to do this  and she went all in on an Airfix Seahawk in 1/72nd scale.

531564e1-b535-46c2-b8eb-0b58d2de019b_zps

She learnt to study the instructions carefully before doing anything (very unlike her father)

21192408_10214578497239969_3791185778909

She glued the parts together neatly ...with almost no glue spillover.

21192928_10214578498480000_7261984937142

After a while the aircarft was built! No aftermarket stuff went into building this.

21270795_10214578499640029_9222331776419

After it was built it needed color...so she used the paints that came with the kit and patiently painted it extra dark seagrey and white.

21231589_10214578501560077_6859430134855

And the result was then paraded through out the showroom the following day, after she put on the decals, with very convincing wooshing sounds. I think she showed it to everyone of the hundreds of ppl there  ;P

Well it sure looks good!

DSC_3613_zpsklyqmbtg.jpg

DSC_3615_zpsszhw3zvg.jpg

At teh prize cermony, whre her father actually got two honorable mentions and two special honorary mentions....and a couple of crystal wine glasses, she promtly asked the speaker for the microphone and she then told the entire showroom that she was called Lydia and she was 6 yrs old and had started preschool! This caused much mirth amonbth the otherwise very serious looking men and women attending the cermony :P

Cheers!

Very nice. You are building models and family relationships there. Thank-you for sharing.     A better author than me wrote that models of a moment in history are one thing; but a model from a moment in your history is uniquely special.

3 hours ago, flanker27 said:

Very nice Seahawk :D

Indeed, I see some artistic flair in there:)

3 hours ago, Lost_Erik said:

Very nice. You are building models and family relationships there. Thank-you for sharing.     A better author than me wrote that models of a moment in history are one thing; but a model from a moment in your history is uniquely special.

Very well put, this was very much a special weekend :)

13 hours ago, Major Walt said:

Bringing the hobby to a new generation! I love it! I'm jealous because she's been able to actually finish a kit--something I haven't been able to do in ages.  I love stuff like this! 

Isn't there a minor walt to carry the torch? :P

It is trully joyous to bring her intontbe hobby....I hope she'll stay interested :)

• 2 weeks later...