Really stubborn old paint, what to use to remove it

I have an old (30 year old) Devilbiss Aerograph Super 63 airbrush that my dad unearthed in a cupboard at his house. I used to do fantasy artwork on leather jackets and the like, and I bought it to do the really fine work. It was a fantastic bit of kit but during cleaning one day I ended up losing the nozzle, and being short of cash at the time I just put it back in the box and forgot about it. Of course being young and stupid, I didn't clean it before putting it away and so now, the 30 year old Humbrol enamel paint I used to use has welded itself to the main body of the airbrush.

I have left the disassembled airbrush in lacquer thinners for a couple of days now, and as a testament to the old Humbrol paints quality, it hasn't made a dent. So, what can I use to soften this stuff up without ruining the airbrush? 

Les

I have removed some 1975 vintage Humbrol using modern Brake fluid without even damaging the clear parts on that ancient Airfix kit .

Not particularly user friendly stuff , but there's no need to touch it or breath it if you let it soak outside in a container...Just a thought.  Easy to find item.

Cheers, Christian 

Edited by Chris L
11 hours ago, Chris L said:

I have removed some 1975 vintage Humbrol using modern Brake fluid without even damaging the clear parts on that ancient Airfix kit .

Not particularly user friendly stuff , but there's no need to touch it or breath it if you let it soak outside in a container...Just a thought.  Easy to find item.

Cheers, Christian 

I would be leery of using that caustic oven cleaner on an airbrush... To clean old paint from metal, or plastic use Mr. Color Lacquer thinner. That stuff will soften paint quickly and then rinse with regular lacquer thinner.  Doesn't harm plastic either so stripping paint from a model is easy.

Just my 2¢

Larry