A word about the kit first. Its value-for-money is outstanding: detail level is very high, retail price is low (kits bought in HK online shops) and it comes with plenty of very nicely done ordnance.

The following chinese build review seems to raise some fit issues related to thickness of some parts: http://lstfazz.blogspot.fr/2017/08/172-amk-kfir-c2c7-work-i.html?m=1&fref=gc&dti=1663574280624127. So far my build experience confirms this as some parts need to be prepared (dry-fit, sanding) before gluing. Part of the problem comes from the aircraft layout: Kfir/Mirage III have small cluttered front fuselage, the low wings overlap the intakes and because of that any over/under thicknesses add up and make the build at least a little tricky. I believe the AMK 1/72 Kfir is no exception.

I hope this build log may be of use for people who will build the kit but I don't stick with the instruction in order to avoid steps between would-be coplanar parts (example: gluing nose halves to fuselage halves to avoid eventual step between fuselage and nose).

Painting and assembling of the landing gear bays. You can see that the detailing is very nice and I'm sure that modellers like D. Zamarbide or J.M. Villalba would do a much much better job than I to honor the kit's detailing. The photo doesn't show it but the hydraulic pipes are metal colour. Thanks to Yoav Efrati for his help on the pipes and cables colours !

amkKfirMLGbay.jpg

Nice detailing of the fuselage inner wall is cockpit. Nose halves glued to fuselage halves and epoxy putty used as nose weight.

amkKfirWeighAndNoseGluing.jpg

On my build I couldn't close the fuselage halves as the top of the rear cockpit wall was too wide. So the sanding stick was of use.

amkKfircockpitRearWallSanding.jpg

I also had to sand the inside of the fin area of a fuselage half to avoid a step.

amkKfirFinThickness.jpg

Fuselage was then closed, intake parts glued to it. Then the dreaded Classic-Delta-Mirage-Gluing-of-the-Wing-Bottom-Part saga started. The first two steps probably aren't necessary if the top wing parts had been glued beforehand. Main landing gear wheel bays to fuselage.

amkKfirFuselageMLGbayClamping.jpg

Fuselage to wing part tabs

amkKfirFuselageUnderwingTabsClamping.jpg

"Intake tabs" of the underwing part to the intakes

amkKfirIntakeTabsClamping.jpg

Before gluing the top wing parts, sanding is required.

amkKfirInsideWing.jpg

That's all for the moment. 

Edited by Laurent