Help with A-1H seat

Question: Does the 1/48 True Details 48424 "Stanley Yankee Ejection Seats for F-4, A-1J Skyraider" fit in the Aires resin cockpit set for the Tamiya A-1H kit?

I saw a review that said it did not fit in the Tamiya cockpit because the seat was too long and too wide. I got the Aires cockpit set years ago but it has the non-ejection bucket seat. I have seen the TD Stanley on ebay but need to know if it fits before ordering.

Are there any other sources for this seat? I think KMC did a cockpit set that has this seat but it is long oop.

If anyone has one for sale or trade let me know. The TD set seat comes with two and I only need one.

After getting the A-1H decals I needed from a fellow ARC member (thanks Tim) I discovered that the A-1H Aircraft I plan to do had the Stanley Yankee Extraction System installed. Two books and photographic evidence indicate that all VA-152 A-1H aircraft had the Stanlee YES mod installed prior to their July 1967 deployment to SEA.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Alleycat
spelling correction
  • 10 months later...