A moment to whine; Where's my 1/32 F-106?

Well, I think it's been long enough so I'm going to go stamp my little feet and pout and hold my breath until I turn blue.

This is because NOBODY, except one vac-kit maker from 20+ years ago will produce the venerable F-106 in 1/32 scale.

I can easily imagine the look of an injection-molded kit and how cool it'd be. It would be roughly the size of Monogram's 1/48 B-58 and weigh about the same. The colors, gray, gray, or gray. But lots of opportunities for colorful schemes. I've been whining about this for over 20 years and likewise for the 1/32 T-38. My stash is in improper status due to these absences. If it was up to me, I'd put a stop to all kit manufacturing until and unless someone decided to do these. First the '6 and then the T-38.

Certainly some sort of modeling law has to have been broken by keeping these potential kits away for so long. I'm sure also that it's either a conspiracy or other plot to make us buy Su-33's or out-of-date Trumpeter products. Speaking of which, I thought we were on our way when the 1/32 A-10 came out. The A-6 was a show in the right direction but...no F-106. How weird is that? (And wrong....oh so wrong...)

Well, that's my complaint..which is mine...that I have.

Edited by VADM Fangschleister

And where's my 1:32 P/F-82?  We FINALLY got an injected B-45, someone needs to step up with these other kits. Might as well include an FJ3 and/or FJ4 and an F-86A/E for the N.A. jet family and a P-51H.  All were manufactured in appreciable numbers.

Edited by Slartibartfast

I'm with you! I've been wanting to see a new 32nd F-106 kit for some time. In fact, any of the other Century Series interceptors that haven't done yet would be most welcome.... the F-102 or F-101B. Unfortunately, the kit manufacturers seem to be in love with the most uninteresting (to me anyway) jet of the whole series, the F-104. But, there is hope! I've been waiting for 20 years for a new tool 32nd   F-5E/F  kit, and it looks like the wait may finally be over at the end of this year with Kittyhawk's announce kits. Time will tell I suppose, but my fingers are crossed ;0) Fred K.

I don't think we will see a big scale F-106. Although an aesthetically nice plane, it was used by ONE air force, in ONE scheme (overall gray) and never in combat. The plane is basically a bigger Mirage III, without the history, the appeal (for non-american modelers) and the variety of the French plane

10 hours ago, Vidar_710 said:

Feel your pain... been wishing for a 1/32 scale S-3 Viking for years! :-/

Tracy

Heh heh..... a 32nd scale Viking has about as much chance of getting done as a 32nd F-106! I'd certainly be down for one of each though ;0) Fred.

On 9/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, caiotfjr said:

Although an aesthetically nice plane, it was used by ONE air force, in ONE scheme ....,

This explains the lack of SR-71 and U-2 and F-117 kits....

Wait, I'm sensing a pattern....

I'd gladly take a "Six" in 1/32! So many colorful tails to choose from. Now a 1/32 F-101B Voodoo would be AWESOME!!! But it was only used by two Air Forces so it's probably not a very good idea...

Dare to dream.

Regards,

Don

On 9/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, f5guy said:

I'm with you! I've been wanting to see a new 32nd F-106 kit for some time. In fact, any of the other Century Series interceptors that haven't done yet would be most welcome.... the F-102 or F-101B. Unfortunately, the kit manufacturers seem to be in love with the most uninteresting (to me anyway) jet of the whole series, the F-104. But, there is hope! I've been waiting for 20 years for a new tool 32nd   F-5E/F  kit, and it looks like the wait may finally be over at the end of this year with Kittyhawk's announce kits. Time will tell I suppose, but my fingers are crossed ;0) Fred K.

and what about the (T)F-102A?