Shelf Queens II GB  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Any interest in a Shelf Queens Part II GB?

• Yes!
    • No!

On 10/13/2017 at 2:18 PM, Kurt H. said:

2v2uSfkNFx9awpY.jpg

The Camaro is a project to build a low buck street machine.  I could not figure out how to get the weathered look I was going for.

What were you thinking of on the Camaro?  Did you ever think of DOT Filtering?

37770677192_4d0ff8eafe_z.jpg

The Camaro has a back story. The idea was for it to be a car someone with lots of motivation, and desire to go bracket racing, but not a lot of money and body work skills pieced together to go racing. I was going for a red base model camaro our hero found at a junk yard with considerable body damage to the hood, front fender and drivers side door. He found a white door and hood from a Z28, the white panels will have z 28 decals. The front fender has gray primer, and the nose is an unpainted new or reproduction part.  I wanted to make the red parts of the car look like faded, tired 70s paint, as it might look in the mid 90s. I did not know any thing about weathering, and it is something I am just now starting to try. I also have a 70s chevy van I was planning to use as a tow vehicle, and the trailer from the 76 impala kit. I also messed up the paint job on the Van at least twice. so The whole project got shelved when I decided to focus on airplanes.

That being said, a dot filter is something I am willing to try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...